Low-calorie Snacks!

Options
2»

Replies

• TennesseeJen
    TennesseeJen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dry roasted chickpeas. 88 cals and the most filling and addictive thing out there!

Do you have a favorite recipe you could share?

I usually buy mine from Holland and Barrett, here's the link!http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/garbanzo-dry-roasted-chickpeas-60098298
    However a cheaper option is to make them, I know DeliciouslyElla has a recipe in her first book and there are several more online - I haven't yet been able to perfect that crunch you get with these Garbanzo ones though. Another good one is a bag of Food Doctor roasted soybeans - 105 cals and 10g protein per serving, you can find them in Tesco :)

Nice! Thanks so much!
  • cnielsen31783
    cnielsen31783 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato Good Thins!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    edamame,dried mango,tofu dessert packs
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    low sodium sunflower seeds, pickles, sour candy (like mouth rawing sour), popped rice crisps, pretzels, Nature valley oats and honey, protein bars, beef jerky, baby carrots, sugar snap peas and fruit cups. Those are some of my go to's but my favorites are sunflower seeds and pickles.
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    i love making strawberry/blueberry/banana smoothies kills craving and deeply satisfying if im froggy ill throw in a scoop of casein trip chocolate <3
  • elkaybeetea740
    elkaybeetea740 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love snap peas! They're really low in calories, plus there's something about crunchy foods that makes me feel full and satisfied more easily!
  • jaybird1705
    jaybird1705 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I mix 4 ounces of Daisy Low Fat 2% Cottage Cheese with 4 ounces of fresh pineapple (pineapple that you have to skin and cut up yourself). Growing up I hated cottage cheese, but now have re-discovered it. Sometimes I swap the pineapple for fresh organic strawberries, fresh peaches or blueberries. The main thing is stay away from canned fruit that has all the preservatives and sugar added. 13g of protein. Depending on which fruit one uses, the snack only costs about 143 calories and is really filling.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    @worldofalice I was able to perfect the crunchy garbanzos in my early twenties by cooking them all the way, cooling them all the way, and then throwing them back in the hot oven for another 5 or 10 minutes. It was almost 15 years ago, so I don't remember details, but it worked every time.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    apple sauce, yogurt, fruit, almonds, trail mix, cheese sticks, or spoon full of peanut butter. I really love apples and peanut butter too but have to be careful with that which makes me sad because I want a lot of peanut butter. fruit smoothies with almond milk too.
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    2tbsp Hershey's chocolate syrup over a sliced banana. Or butterscotch chips and almonds.
  • TennesseeJen
    TennesseeJen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    apple sauce, yogurt, fruit, almonds, trail mix, cheese sticks, or spoon full of peanut butter. I really love apples and peanut butter too but have to be careful with that which makes me sad because I want a lot of peanut butter. fruit smoothies with almond milk too.

I hear ya about the peanut butter! Try the whipped kind from Jiffy. It's more spreadable and fluffy and makes you feel like you're having more lol!