military diet

Options
2»

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Idk why everyone is against this yet everyone on here says to eat less calories to achieve fat loss. ITS ONLY 3 DAY PEOPLE! And how you all are saying a hot dog isn't nutritious...... It's says on the military diet site that it's not. They know that themselves. This is just a method to move the scale a little faster. It's not a life long thing. Just a quick fix. And the weight that you loose from it will stay off as long as you continue to eat right and work out.

Quick fixes are Bull. It teaches you just about 0 of healthy eating.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    TheLegendaryBrandonHarris Posts: 502 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the 'military diet' but the name of this post made me chuckle.
    'Military diet' reminded me of stacking my plate with pancakes and eggs and bacon and grits, sausage, French toast,
    cantaloupe...just mounds of food...so lovely...

Then you sit down to eat this kingly feast and a drill sergeant starts screaming,
    "THIRTY SECONDS, PRIVATE. THIRTY SECONDS! NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF MY DINING HALL!!!"
  • kmarnes
    kmarnes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    Funny, we did have hot dogs in basic. Putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound.

One could also use that same hotdog to plug the sucking chest wound. This diet sounds terrible!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    mathes8o8 wrote: »
    Keep in mind the military diet is meant to be a temporary way to show a quick drop in what's there. It isn't good for your body and doesn't give any permanent results. It's called the military diet because service members would do something like that just before their fitness assessment to pass their weight standards! Have a plan and stick with it! You can do it!

The fad diet has been around for decades. It has nothing to do with the military and has had multiple names over the years.

Cleveland Diet
    Cardiac diet
    Birmingham Hospital cardiac unit diet
    American Heart Association (AHA) diet
    Three-day Army diet
    Three-day Navy diet
    Kaiser three-day diet

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    It's not a life long thing. Just a quick fix.

That's the whole point. Quick fixes don't get weight off and keep it off. There are thousands of people around MFP who have simply followed the MFP calorie goals, lost weight slowly but steadily, and kept it off. But it takes work and discipline to achieve that, and fad diets like this do not teach work and discipline. They try and convince people that you can magically shed weight if you just follow this one weird trick for three days or seven days or whatever.