healthy late night snacks

Last night I was really hungry, I needed a snack. I really didn't have any calories left, but I was trying to have a low carb snack. I had 1 ounce cheese, and 2 ounces rotisserie chicken. The rotisserie chicken stats are not great, so I need to just bake some plain chicken, I think. Does anyone have any late night snacks that are not horrible? Low calorie, low fat, low carb.

Replies

• booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    1/2 a Quest Bar. High protein, low carb and low cal for 1/2 and tastes like dessert! Yummy!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    If you're really, really hungry at night you probably aren't eating enough during the day. I'd revisit your meal plan, calorie level and work out a better way to distribute calories during the day. If you really want a filling low cal snack, although not low carb, pop some popcorn.
  • kindredspirit96
    kindredspirit96 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm going to look at those Quest Bars. :) Thank You. I'll look at the stats.

I don't have diabetes, but I'm thinking I could benefit from having "diabetic" bars around, in case I'm starving and don't have enough calories left.

I agree, my food is not distributed well throughout the day. I don't know what to do about it.

I logged into myfitnesspal, logging my starting weight, and saying that I wanted to lose 67 pounds. So it gives me like 1500 calories or so for the day. Does that seem low?..... I don't know.

Maybe I should say I want to lose less weight, and it would give me more calories?..... Should I try that?....

Like should I say I want to lose 20 pounds, and when I get down to that weight, start over with 20 more pounds?..... I don't even know if it would give me more calories to eat, if I said I want to lose 20 as opposed to 60.

Would it?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Did you choose 2 lbs /week loss? Choose 1 lb and it will give you more calories and a safer way to lose weight. It doesn't care how much total you want to lose.
  • kindredspirit96
    kindredspirit96 Posts: 62 Member
    I changed it to 20 pounds to lose, instead of 67, and it gave me a lot more calories to work with.
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    I just ate 2 cups of watermelon and it's about 2 am here. That make a great snack. It's filling, a little sweet, low cal, and has a nifty texture.

I also like to drink a nice cup of hot herbal tea at night. It's weird, but the hot beverages make me feel more full, which is handy when I don't have a lot of calories to work with.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Last night, I had a piece of low-fat sting cheese and then 1/2cup of sugar free Jell-O with 2 tablespoons of nonfat Cool Whip.
  • Teele86
    Teele86 Posts: 23 Member
    Choc au Lait chocolate drink. Two heaped teaspoons with hot milk yummy. on;y 46 cals! Fixes my choc cravings!
  • egnirysbust
    egnirysbust Posts: 27 Member
    Normally I crave something sweet at night so lately I've been eating nonfat yogurt with honey, cinnamon, and granola. If I want something savory, I go for carrots and hummus.
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    I usually eat cottage cheese if I'm hungry before bed. Low carb, high protein.
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    If I just want a tiny bit of sweet, I grab about 8 Ghiradelli 60% chocolate chips. That's a half serving and 40 calories. It cures my evening sweet tooth. Not saying it's good, but better than some alternatives :)
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    I've been struggling with hunger before bed and found this thread. Thanks for all the suggestions! I can't wait to try them vs. the chips or ice cream I would have grabbed a few weeks ago :)
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    I work super late until about midnight, so I'm hungry when I get home. Right now I do 1/2 cup oatmeal with almond milk, cinammon, and 1/2 a mango diced. Super filling and sweet. Or you could have a bowl of kashi go lean cereal for lots of protein