Options
2»

Replies

• troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @troytroy11
    The VR was amazing! This is their second (the first was in the fall last year). They create a "special mission" that is separate from the normal app story continuity. This race was a "prequel" that explores the original outbreak long before Abel township.

People from all over the world sign up and you have a week and a half to run the mission as either 5k or 10k. You can run multiple times during the race window. Each time you run the app posts your time for the run you did to the leaderboard, tracking your country as well so you can see how everyone is doing everywhere in the world.

They also do up race packs for everyone. I don't have a full picture of the pack on my right now. My partner and I got the "pro" pack with the long sleeved shirts. If you search zombies run virtual race 2016 you can likely find lots of pics of the shirt and medal.

So this happens in the fall as well as the costume run, thank you for the information. What a fun way to get a community if folks to do something positive!
    Thank you for sharing! My guess is that multiple times means you could attempt to beat your own time for either the 5k or 10k multiple times in the week and a half, and not just a bunch of super fast sprints that eventually totals the race distance of choice.
    Either way it sounds fantastically fun!
  • silverdawnhawk
    silverdawnhawk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    troytroy11 wrote: »
    So this happens in the fall as well as the costume run, thank you for the information. What a fun way to get a community if folks to do something positive!
    Thank you for sharing! My guess is that multiple times means you could attempt to beat your own time for either the 5k or 10k multiple times in the week and a half, and not just a bunch of super fast sprints that eventually totals the race distance of choice.
    Either way it sounds fantastically fun!

They did a VR race last fall (2015). Most are assuming they will do another this fall, but no official word yet.

And yes you can run it multiple times to either best your previous run, or work towards a PB if you were having a poor run one day etc. You can pause the app I suppose if you wanted to take a break and do it as sprints lol but not really the intended use. It only records your time once the mission completes.
  • cate320
    cate320 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if there are any good running apps with a different story or theme? This sounds really fun, but I have never had much interest in zombies unfortunately.