IMMEDIATE HELP PLEASE

I'm having a craving attack at this exact moment... when I get like this... I jus want to eat any n everything around me.. please any suggestions??? Think I've been doin good n really don't want to mess up but OMG i am craving something sweet with icing... lord Jesus

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Go for a walk. :)
  • karmenkokaine136
    karmenkokaine136 Posts: 21 Member
    I've been for a 2 hr walk already today... was thinking about going again but I'm kinda on the clock n in a foreign city alone
  • karmenkokaine136
    Go for a walk. :)

Thank u tho
  • bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    water!....drink some water..sometimes cravings are nothing more than dehydration ....works for me
  • karmenkokaine136
    Ok tryin it now
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Take some time to review your logs. If you are trying to eat at too high of a deficit (too few calories), there is a higher risk that you will have more hunger and increase your likelihood of feeling this way. Also look at the types of foods that you are eating the days leading up to this feeling. I find that having more fats and proteins help me feel full longer, but if I need a bigger volume of food for fewer calories, then veggies are the way to go. I have learned a lot about my eating habits through watching and evaluating my diary.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    If the water doesn't help, maybe try eating some fruit for your sweet craving (a few strawberries with a little bit of whipped cream for example)
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    edited April 2016
    I will actually eat a lot of something low in calories if I'm worried I'm going to binge eat. Right now my go-to is two oranges (about 150 calories), but I'll also drink a couple of cups of chicken broth (only 30ish) if I need something hot. Pickles, cherry tomatoes, and watermelon also work for me. It needs to be something I can eat quickly and gives me a full feeling. I may still want the calorie-bomb snack, but I'm full enough to be in control of the craving.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Coffee helps me. I also do those via packs of ice coffee with lots of ice and sip them.
  • nb1959
    nb1959 Posts: 97 Member
    This is sugar withdrawal and I know you're fighting hard. Everyone can see that! DO NOT GIVE IN. If you give in you will lose all of the very hard work you have put in. KEEP FIGHTING, hour by hour, minute by minute if you must. I drink decaf coffee with 1% milk and 1 teaspoon of Green and Black's organic hot cocoa mix with a teaspoon of agave or honey. It works for me. And let us know how you're doing.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Jello is my secret binging weapon. Sugarless has 40 calories for the whole box. Keep some on hand for your next phantom hunger strike, and good luck!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I'd have something sweet with icing like a cinnamon roll or pastry and get it out of my system, but I'm not a binge eater.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    nb1959 wrote: »
    This is sugar withdrawal and I know you're fighting hard. Everyone can see that! DO NOT GIVE IN. If you give in you will lose all of the very hard work you have put in. KEEP FIGHTING, hour by hour, minute by minute if you must. I drink decaf coffee with 1% milk and 1 teaspoon of Green and Black's organic hot cocoa mix with a teaspoon of agave or honey. It works for me. And let us know how you're doing.

@nb1959 You know that both agave and honey are sugars, right?
  • nb1959
    nb1959 Posts: 97 Member
    @nutmegoreo, I know they are sugars. But my enemies are the deadly whites: refined sugar, white flour, salt, and white rice. I also do not eat brown sugar. My sweetners are honey, agave, and maple syrup, all organic and as local as I can find.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    nb1959 wrote: »
    @nutmegoreo, I know they are sugars. But my enemies are the deadly whites: refined sugar, white flour, salt, and white rice. I also do not eat brown sugar. My sweetners are honey, agave, and maple syrup, all organic and as local as I can find.

Just so you know, your body cannot tell the difference between one sugar or the other.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Sugarless chocolate pudding cups give me that smooth texture like frosting. Good dark chocolate (at least 65% cocoa) is not only delicious but good for you in moderation. Don't forget tasty fresh fruit. I found that, as I modified my diet to include fewer foods with added sugar, the fruit got sweeter and sweeter. Oh, and I keep sugarless orange jello cups in my frig for late night cravings - only 5 calories per cup.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    If you're hungry then you should eat. It's all about moderation, not deprivation. Just get a small snack; a banana, an apple, celery with a tbsp of peanut butter. All can be had for 100-200 calories and won't bust your day wide open.

Look at why you got this way, too. Anything that nay have triggered it. Not enough calories? Low fat day? Low carbs? Stress? Extra exercise? Try to see the signs for next time.
  • karmenkokaine136
    If you're hungry then you should eat. It's all about moderation, not deprivation. Just get a small snack; a banana, an apple, celery with a tbsp of peanut butter. All can be had for 100-200 calories and won't bust your day wide open.

Look at why you got this way, too. Anything that nay have triggered it. Not enough calories? Low fat day? Low carbs? Stress? Extra exercise? Try to see the signs for next time.

Thank u... this helped ALOT
  • karmenkokaine136
    socalkay wrote: »
    Sugarless chocolate pudding cups give me that smooth texture like frosting. Good dark chocolate (at least 65% cocoa) is not only delicious but good for you in moderation. Don't forget tasty fresh fruit. I found that, as I modified my diet to include fewer foods with added sugar, the fruit got sweeter and sweeter. Oh, and I keep sugarless orange jello cups in my frig for late night cravings - only 5 calories per cup.

Thank u
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Take some time to review your logs. If you are trying to eat at too high of a deficit (too few calories), there is a higher risk that you will have more hunger and increase your likelihood of feeling this way. Also look at the types of foods that you are eating the days leading up to this feeling. I find that having more fats and proteins help me feel full longer, but if I need a bigger volume of food for fewer calories, then veggies are the way to go. I have learned a lot about my eating habits through watching and evaluating my diary.

If I have a serious craving that is what I do. I try to figure out if I am craving fat, carbs or protein and see if I have been a little low for a few days. Most of the time I am craving carbs and it is not something specific. I like yukon gold potatoes. They are tasty and I can boil them and just eat them with a little pepper and don't need to add anything else to them. I find them very filling and would have a hard time eating more than 300 calories worth.