About a year post-100lbs lost

So I lost about 110lbs between 2014-present and am lighter than I've been since college. 6'0" 180lbs. I have no plans to go over 195lbs ever again. Much like the "lifers," MFP will have to always be a part of my daily life. Even when family members still call me obsessed, I ignore them because it's become a part of me. I equate it to someone that kicked drugs or booze being told "one beer won't hurt you!"

I don't eat, I fuel my body. I look at my body like a machine. If you put crap gas in your car, it won't operate as well, right? 80% plants, 20% animals are what I eat. If I'm feeling tired--more carb rich foods. If I'm freaking starving (and it happens pretty consistently) I eat some fish or chicken, and track it all. Sweet craving? Maybe some low-cal Greek yogurt or some low-cal nutrition bars with dark chocolate. My world is no longer a buffet...is a very selective game of finding good tasting food that fits the parameters of calorie intake and food groups.

Do I blow it every now and then? Yep. Do I beat myself up for it and end up regretting it more than I enjoyed it? You better believe it. But when I do, the next day I'm out before the sun rises running 3-4 miles in a state of angry satiation!

30-45 minutes of moderate to high activity (i.e. walking, running, something--I hate lifting weights btw) is the ultimate stabilizer. Count your steps, don't drink sugary drinks and make shopping a game where you find new ways to shave calories off of your already healthy foods. AND QUIT EATING AT REASTARAUNTS (as hard as it may sound).

Hope this helps.

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    That's great! Glad you found what works for you and maintaining this long is fantastic!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Congratulations! I'm glad you found what works for you.