Thoughts on quest bars?

Options
2»

Replies

• swheeler0602
    swheeler0602 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    jakkrk wrote: »
    I don't do Quest but I like the Kind brand bars.

I love Kind bars as a snack at a music festival or something where you just need something to curb your hunger. But these are not comparable to the Quest Bar (in my opinion) when it comes to a “nutritional” bar.

Example: Quest Bar vs. Chocolate Brownie (used two bars with chocolate to compare)

Quest Bar- Chocolate Brownie
    Dietary Fiber- 15g
    Sugar- 0g
    Protein- 20g

Kind Bar- Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt
    Dietary Fiber- 7g
    Sugar- 5g
    Protein- 6g

Again, nothing against Kind Bars because I will be the first person to tell you I love them. But, they are not a protein bar. They are low in fiber and protein and high in sugar. I was using them as supplement for protein and I learned this from just trying different bars and reading the labels.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    My thoughts? They are barely edible so I don't buy them. I prefer Pure Protein or ThinkThin protein bars. Pure Protein are pretty comparable on Macros. No fiber though, but I don't care about that as I get enough elsewhere.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    My thoughts? They are barely edible so I don't buy them. I prefer Pure Protein or ThinkThin protein bars. Pure Protein are pretty comparable on Macros. No fiber though, but I don't care about that as I get enough elsewhere.
    Those are the best! I keep a few in my gym bag for squat or deadlift hunger. (Or if I want a chocolate bar, I just go full Milky Way or Snickers.)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Those are the best! I keep a few in my gym bag for squat or deadlift hunger. (Or if I want a chocolate bar, I just go full Milky Way or Snickers.)

I'm a Mr. Goodbar kinda guy... and of course...Tootsie Pops...all day, errday.
  • Marrasquino
    Marrasquino Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like them, since they're so dense I get pretty full nibbling them as a snack, I eat half at a time so I have yet to get any side effects. However there's cheaper bars that can compete with them just fine...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    It's so funny how many new threads are created instead of people searching for the 100000+ threads about them.

They used to be good, now taste terrible. Do not waste your money.
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like them and don't get any gastro distress from them, so I eat them from time to time. If I'm looking to boost protein, though, i grab a Premier Protein shake (160 cals, 30 g protein, 1 g sugar)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    It's so funny how many new threads are created instead of people searching for the 100000+ threads about them.

They used to be good, now taste terrible. Do not waste your money.

The op likes the taste so it wouldn't be a waste of money.

Op, if they actually cause you gastric distress, try eating only half of one.

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    This is about to go down.....original formula quest cookie dough with IMO's sooooooo excited!!! Lol :lol::love: pkztvzhwugas.jpg
    jpg0ouor5ifn.jpg
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    You could try making something similar yourself (similar to Nakd bars) just by adding into a food processor cashew nuts, dates and anything else you want (coconut, cacao, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, almonds the list can go on) and mix, then put in fridge to harden and cut into bars.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    This is about to go down.....original formula quest cookie dough with IMO's sooooooo excited!!! Lol :lol::love: pkztvzhwugas.jpg
    jpg0ouor5ifn.jpg

OMG I AM JEALOUS! I ran out of those awhile back. Still working through my case of 20 white chocolate raspberry and 10 boxes cinnamon roll.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a a Quest bar every day for a snack. However, ever since my abdominal surgery 5 weeks ago, they no longer agree with my system. So now I have to find another good protein bar that is lower in fiber than quest, but is still gluten free.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I got told to stay away from the protein bars because of the cholesterol. I know plenty of people who eat them though. I mainly stay away because the calories and price.
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Like them but unless they are offered cheap enough on Amazon they can be dear to get here in the UK, so I've been trying MyProtein MyBar Zero, good taste and very comparable nutritionally to Quest.
    gtvuet82mlmg.jpeg
    8cfvvgt0jtkq.jpeg
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I got told to stay away from the protein bars because of the cholesterol. I know plenty of people who eat them though. I mainly stay away because the calories and price.

I just purchased these GNC Total Lean protein bars for my daily snack and they do not have cholesterol in them.

o7wkj2bmai6r.jpeg
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I find the ones without sucrose taste better...no nasty after taste. The brownie and cinnamon done are my favorite right now
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I love them. But for $3 a bar I try to have them only when I crave them.