Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So confused about carbs...

13»

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Some people just don't care for carbs that much. I have a child that doesn't. I have to be careful or I will go overboard on them. I say eat what you do like and don't stress over the rest. Do what works for you. :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    I'm going to leave the correcting of completely false information to those already in the fight, but since the OP does keep coming back:

Personally, I focus on hitting my protein goals and fat (I'm actually not that good at hitting my fat goals; I need to work on that), which I view as minimums. I look at carbs as a sliding scale as there is no physical minimum for people as a whole. That said, many people react differently to carbs, so they should experiment and find a carb level that keeps them feeling satiated, helps them stay within their calorie goal, and gives them enough energy to get through their day. These levels will be drastically different for different individuals, so there just isn't a one-size fits all recommendation.

TL;DR: You eat too many carbs if they prohibit you from getting enough of your other macros, if you're feeling too hungry, or if you feel bad after eating them (physically).