Almond milk in coffee

Am a big milky coffee fan and a recent convert to almond milk. I really miss a good flask of coffee on a day out. Does anyone know whether almond milk will work in a flask? Does it go funny?

Replies

• SwimmyD
    SwimmyD Posts: 96 Member
    Can't stand it in coffee. I have switched to black. Took about a week to get used to it. Less hassle!! Better taste!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    It doesn't work for me in my coffee.

I switched to 2% milk in my coffee and have an ounce in each cup. Usually ends up being 4 Oz total per day and around 70 calories. It's worth it for me.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,164 Member
    Why, please tell me why would you put almond milk in a nice, good cup of coffee? :#

I like my coffee black with Splenda and I don"t like almond milk in anything.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    I don't like it in coffee or tea. It doesn't mix well and it doesn't taste right. Milk or cream for me. I only have two cups a day. If I have a third cup, it's black.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    I love almond milk and sou milk. Just not in coffee.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    I use cream and cream only in my coffee. The few extra calories and grams of fat are worth it to me. I like almond milk and coconut milk to drink or on my oatmeal or in smoothies, but not in my coffee or tea.
  • TheChesireCat
    TheChesireCat Posts: 21 Member
    Sorry just to be clear. It works for me in coffee. It was the almond milk in coffee in a flask I was curious about.... I'm guessing as it is clearly sonewhat of an aquired taste I'm probably going to need to experiment for myself....
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    If you like the taste in your coffee, I don't see why putting it into a flask would make any difference. It's not like doing so is going to cause some chemical change in it.
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Almond milk is such a ridiculous waste in the first place.
  • FoxynSkinny
    FoxynSkinny Posts: 6 Member
    I put Almond Milk in my coffee daily with a dash of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and I love it.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited April 2016
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Why, please tell me why would you put almond milk in a nice, good cup of coffee? :#

Using your logic, why would you spoil a good cup of coffee with Splenda? Just curious.
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    I'm a huge almond milk fan and use it in almost everything, but coffee is where I draw the line. That's my one place where I get a half and half indulgence (no sugar, can't stand it sweet).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I love almond milk. I love coffee. I hate them together. I prefer the coffee black actually. If I'm putting protein powder in my coffee, then I like a little almond milk. Otherwise it's black or with cream and sugar.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    Am a big milky coffee fan and a recent convert to almond milk. I really miss a good flask of coffee on a day out. Does anyone know whether almond milk will work in a flask? Does it go funny?

If you used a flask (I assume you're talking about some kind of uninsulated container) for your coffee when you put dairy milk in it without it going "funny," coffee with almond milk should certainly last as long if not longer without going "funny."
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    I switched to almond milk when i was doing a cleans and never went back. I have gotten used to it and now it is all I use for everything I would use milk for.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I don't understand why almond milk would be different in a flask than in a cup. It keeps longer than milk.

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,164 Member
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Using your logic, why would you spoil a good cup of coffee with Splenda? Just curious.

Splenda doesn't affect the taste of my coffee but any kind of milk does. Did I satisfy your curiosity?
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    I don't like almond milk in my coffee but have you ever tried an almond milk latte? Sooo good!!!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I tried putting Almond milk in my coffee once, but didn't like the taste of it. I like my Coffee Mate better.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Yes, but I prefer the taste of homemade almond milk to store bought in coffee.