Old (well, 65 anyway) with fibromyalgia (chronic pain syndrome) + lots to lose: is there hope? :-)

Options
2»

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I know for a fact, that you are definitely not the oldest one here. I will be 65 in September, have been on MFP for over 4 years, lost a lot of weight, and have been on maintenance for over 2 years. I lost 100 pounds before I even began to walk more, so it can be done without exercise, just eating less calories than you burn.

It sounds like you have had a lot of obstacles to overcome with health issues in your family. Life can be very difficult at times. You sense of humor comes through in your writing. It is a true talent.

Best of luck to you with your health and writing!
  • Sleepyscribbler
    Sleepyscribbler Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, thank you, for both your kind comments and your encouragement. (As well as for being marginally — two months — older than me!) I find it very encouraging that you lost 100 before you could really exercise, and that you could lose it without lots of exercising. Exercise being largely out of the question for me — or, more to the point, me being very largely out of the question for exercise! — it's really good to know it can be done by dieting alone. And I'm sure, even with my health issues, I'll be more able to exercise once I've shed a bit of weight. I'll simply feel more like moving a bit more if nothing else. So I really mean to,try hard to stick with it (dieting) this time. I'm finding the app very helpful so far. And it's interesting that you continue to use it for maintenance. That's another encouraging piece of info for me. So thank you, and congratulations for teaching maintenance stage too.