I want to lose 30 pounds, feels impossible to lose even 5.

Options
I know how I gained weight, but I'm confused on how I've changed my diet and I'm still not losing weight.

I changed my diet when I reached 145 pounds, I was eating pretty unhealthy; fast food pre-made food and all.
Now I eat a mostly vegetarian diet, fruits and vegetables everyday. I just don't understand how I'm gaining weight when I'm eating healthier. :(

Any advice?

Replies

• jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking everything?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You can gain weight (or be stuck at the same weight) by "eating healthy" if you're eating too much food.

Do you weigh all of your food on a food scale? Log everything?
  • rachelregalado16
    rachelregalado16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started this week, been 6 days. I'm at or close to 1200 calories a day.
  • rachelregalado16
    rachelregalado16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh anything, but I log everything.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would give it more time if you have just started logging. You were probably eating more than you thought even if it was "healthy".
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't weigh anything, but I log everything.

How do you know what quantity to log if you're not weighing anything?

My guess as to your stalled weight loss: you're eating more than you think you are.
  • mmoeck13
    mmoeck13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was eating healthy and cut out bread and pasta. But when I started counting calories.and and weighing I was shocked how much I was over eating even if it was healthy. I bought a food scale cheap on amazon. It's worth it! I feel stuck like you do right now but we have to trust the process. Eventually we will get there :)
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    You need to start weighing and measuring. I had many sadz when I started doing this about how small some serving sizes really are, but whattyaknow, once I started measuring and sticking to what was measured, they weight came off.
  • ashleyjongepier
    ashleyjongepier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager I went veg and gained 40 lbs. It doesn't matter if its all healthy food, if you eat too much of it you will gain weight. Food scale + log and give yourself time! You got this!