anyone looking for a friend on their weight loss journey?

Options
Nikoruo
Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
Because I am :) I hear it's nice to have someone who's working hard like you are trying. It gives you more drive :) I've had friends in person who were trying to diet too but... we actually were bad influences on eachother because we were so used to being junk food buddies if you know what i mean.. that whenever we hung out we'd end up not doing the healthy thing. so anyone looking to be weight loss buddies I would be very happy :)!!

P.s. I'm niko! :) i've been trying to lose weight for a while and am on a slow slow progress. trying to learn new ways and work to fit my needs personally !

Replies

• snawwy
    snawwy Posts: 4
    Options
    It would be great to have a fellow friend:) yeahh me and my friends do that, I think everyone does ahaha
    Friend request sent:)
  • Nikoruo
    Options
    It would be great to have a fellow friend:) yeahh me and my friends do that, I think everyone does ahaha
    Friend request sent:)
    Yay! :)!! yeah it's a real bummer ): so you have to kind of learn to separate from eachother since being together isn't working out as well as you wished. then you don't cheat together haha xD nice to meet you snawwy! :D
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track after a month of slacking off. I'm 10lbs down and looking to shed another 16 by Sept 20. Feel free to add me. I think out of my 20 friends only five are actually on here regularly.
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Nikoruo
    Options
    ooooh slacking! But as long as you are right back in the game right! :) stick to it! doing good! I don't come on here too often but for people who are really interested in talking more i am willing to give out my email or whatnot for more contact after i get to know them :)
  • kjg1965297
    kjg1965297 Posts: 121
    Options
    This is not a diet it is a lifestyle change. Anything done that is too drastic (fads) never lasts. Make sure you are not more than 20% from you calorie goal. Add some cardio and some strength training and don't over do it because you will not keep it up long term. This process takes time and you have to stay determined. Lots of suppot here on this site.
  • Nikoruo
    Options
    This is not a diet it is a lifestyle change. Anything done that is too drastic (fads) never lasts. Make sure you are not more than 20% from you calorie goal. Add some cardio and some strength training and don't over do it because you will not keep it up long term. This process takes time and you have to stay determined. Lots of suppot here on this site.
    Haha that's true, i have to stop calling it a diet @_@ i've been not to bad with watching what i eat and i eat about 7-8 cup sized meals a day. I work mostly for my working out but i'm trying to find something i can do to keep fit. I cant really afford a gym membership or anything at the moment. I need somewhere to start slowly because at the moment i cant even do running or jumping jacks or even push ups. (I have a lot of energy except the fact that my weight pulls at my skin so much when i do those tasks is seriously painful!) so i'm trying to think of other less physically abusive ways to start up. even simply walking i can do for now.
  • mvouros
    mvouros Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Niko, if you don't mind adding a middle age man in,l be glad to join you in your weight loss journey. I have a perpetual goal to loose one kg per week and till now it works like a charm for the last ten weeks and I sure need another person to motivate each other in this
  • Nikoruo
    Options
    Hi Niko, if you don't mind adding a middle age man in,l be glad to join you in your weight loss journey. I have a perpetual goal to loose one kg per week and till now it works like a charm for the last ten weeks and I sure need another person to motivate each other in this
    I wouldn't mind at all :) age is just a number when it comes to friendship :) I'm with you all the way! lets work hard together :)
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :) I am always there for support
  • BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello Niko,

I have been on the slow process as well. Im 32, 5ft 5inch and about 190 give or take 2LBS. Feel free to add me. I try to log in every day and I am constantly looking for ways to stay committed to the process, progress, and goals.
  • aishabinttila247
    aishabinttila247 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yeah i am looking for a friend with whom i can discuss my progress and everything... it's annoying when u tell someone about ur weight and exercise and his or her responce is discouraging...
  • Orchestra
    Orchestra Posts: 15
    Options
    sure i'd love someone else to share the journey with ^^! i always find that the more support the better, less likely to give up if everyone around you is trying so hard i think