Success is possible ⬇️83.7 lbs

Options
caperchick78
caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
edited April 2016 in Success Stories
I was going to wait until I reached my 100 lb loss milestone, or even my final goal milestone, to post these photos. I tend to lose track of the fact I've accomplished a big goal by losing 83.7 lbs and maintained that loss for almost a year and instead focus more on how much more I have to lose. I'm sure I'm not the only person here who does that. While the numbers on the scale are certainly satisfying, it's the NSVs that I take more pride in. For example, I can now buckle the seatbelt in the plane and I don't have to use a belt extender. I can still remember how mortified I was the first time I had to ask for one. I can run for 15 minutes on the treadmill. I can stand up without needing anything to grab onto. I go out in public and don't wonder if people are staring at me because of my weight. I've started dating again (although I'm still a wee bit self conscious about my weight). I have about 77 pounds left until I reach my goal, and I'm excited to get there. If I want to lose more, I will re-evaluate it at that time. I didn't use any gimmicks like wraps, pills or shakes. I started just cutting portions and staying within my allotted calories for the day. I didn't cut carbs, and I still eat ice cream and have a bite out at the pub; just less frequently. I bought a recumbent bike and literally started at 5 minutes a day. Now I do about 20 minutes on the bike in the morning and do a fitness blender video in the evenings. I'll go for a hike in the summer or x-country ski in the winter. I refuse to do anything that I can't sustain the rest of my life. I'm noblonger obsessed with losing weight, but rather with living my life while I'm here to do so no matter what my size. I still struggle some days, but I have lots of great days too. I just wanted people to know it's possible, and you're not alone in this journey. I've met amazing people from all over the world on this site, and their support and encouragement my has been instrumental in my success. You get back what you put in! You got this! sfa1aav1b6ho.jpeg

Replies

• chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Dustinado
    Dustinado Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You rock!!! Great motivation!
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    oh hell yeah, keep it up i was 262 i don't got a picture of it now but im 177 keep up the good work! :)
  • VikMcAnik
    VikMcAnik Posts: 17,222 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice work!
  • Melissia3
    Melissia3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!
  • Kelleygirl79
    Kelleygirl79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!! Your wonderful positive attitude is as inspiring as your scale & NSVs! Congratulations!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great!
  • VanetteMcG
    VanetteMcG Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome you look great
  • Gene81972
    Gene81972 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • momof4girls48
    momof4girls48 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You are doing great !
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and keep,us posted. You're awesome!
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Sometimes we get so caught up with that 'goal' that we forget that we are allowed to live our lives as we get there. Kudos to you and congrats on all of your hard work.
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you decided to share now instead of waiting! You look amazing! Bravo!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Girl on a mission! Great job!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You and I have the same attitude and philosophy on weight loss! I'm glad your my friend on here. Great post!!
  • littlewomensmom
    littlewomensmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to post this. Very inspiring. Keep it up! You are doing great!
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you for posting. Your story is very inspirational. You're doing great! Keep on keepin' on!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great post and great attitude-thanks for sharing.
  • chakab03
    chakab03 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You go girl!!!
  • LoveToRead91
    LoveToRead91 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love your statement about not doing anything that won't be sustainable for life. That's what I'm aiming for too. Sure I could kick it up and be even more healthy than I am now, but that drastic of a change would never stick with me. You've done amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!