Confession Time...

Options
2»

Replies

• aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My friends tell me I need a cheat day once a week or I will get burned out. Is this true? I feel so guilty but dang that mexican food was great tonight.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who doesn't have iron clad willpower. My one indulgence a were usually keeps me sane. Lol.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    @aprueitt it's not really true that you need a "cheat" day a week. It just helps me mentally. I'm one of those die hard all or nothing when it comes to diet and exercise. When I have my indulgence, it forces me to reexamine the way I think. Just because I had chicken fingers and French fries for dinner doesn't mean my "diet" is blown and I'll never lose the weight. It helps me not think of food as the enemy. Does this make sense? Lol.
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    Options
    I just finished reading Jackie Warner's book "This Is Why You're Fat (and How To Get Thin Forever)" . I love her workout dvds, so bought the book..Her plan consists of eating "clean" Monday-Friday and then allowing yourself 2 "cheat meals", not days on Sat and Sunday. She does this herself and recognizes that for most people, it is just not realistic to think that you will live your life and never eat icecream, have a cocktail or a candybar at the movies, etc..She talks a lot about sugar and how it is the real enemy, but if you eat a nearly sugar-free diet during the week, your body will not crave the sugar as much, but if you still want it a couple of times a week, it won't ruin your health and fitness plan..I have always had a huge sweet tooth and I find that this plan seems to be working so far...I will still have my mint patty frozen yogurt on the weekend, but during the week, the sweetness I get from fruit smoothies and sweet potatoes are enough for me..I was at a party at our YMCA last night and they were making s'mores and I thought about it for a second and then realized that I didn't even want one! Of course, I did have some kettle corn...Anyway, I think that "cheats" are just fine, as long as we don't have them everyday...I am trying to teach my kids the same thing and they do not have any weight issues..Just trying to instill healthy, but realistic habits..Life is too short not to cheat once in awhile, but to maximize our lives, we need to eat real, whole, clean foods most of the time!
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    DONUTS! I have only had a bite or two since starting this site, but dream of eating several.
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sour Cream Glazed Timbits from Tim Hortons!
  • Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and roast potatoes!!:laugh:
  • breakingthepath
    Options
    Greasy fair/festival foods. I walk/bike to those so I'm not sure they count as a true cheat.
  • blackchick85
    Options
    for the first time in 40 days i had a dairy queen blizzard, it was really good but i dont think i will ever eat one again. Since i stopped eating all those bad foods, my stomach doesnt know how to handle them anymore
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    I always cheat at least a little bit on Sundays. I'm good for at least 1/2 meals, and sometimes both if I can, then I have some of my favorite snacks when I get home from dinner. Oh, and I make sure to go to the gym as well. CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES FROM THE PUBLIX BAKERY! <3<3<3
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    The vegetarian plate from my local greek restaurant. *Sigh* Tabouleh, greek salad (with the creamy dressing), stuffed grape leaves, hummus, spinach pie and baba ghanouj.

I suppose I can do worse than all the veggies (I haven't had or wanted gyro in a LOOONG time), but it's definitely more than I can have calorie-wise and certainly more sodium-wise. But it is my weakness!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Peanut M&M's!!!! Brownies!!!!!!!!

Saturday is my cheat day and I think I am going to make some caramel chocolate brownies, I have been fantsizing about them ever since I saw similar ones on The Best Thing I Ever Ate. Yummy!
  • MissyMorganFit
    Options
    I haven't had one cheat day since I started ..

Way to go! Love that will power!
  • lovechocolate
    Options
    Galaxy Caramel Bars & Maltesers :-)