100 Pounds GONE!

Options
RWClary
RWClary Posts: 192 Member
I was a lurking member of MFP for years, connected with some great folks, and when I lost the weight, moved on to other challenges. I really missed the MFP community support as I maintained my weight going on 5 years now.

I started out in bad shape. It was great to transform my health and life, and I followed the MFP simple program of about a pound of weight lost per week.
hhq5cebhrwrj.jpg
My journey began in the usual way.
I was 278 pounds and received a very bad report from my physician.

He said that I was in a health crisis. We began going over treatment options that concluded with his statement…

“…and of course, if you were to lose about 50 pounds, all this goes away”.

That got my attention…and the rest is history. My journey to 100 pounds lost was a 2 year journey that transformed my health and whole life. It was simple but hard. I begin tracking food intake on MFP in addition to exercises and slowly eliminated poor food choices. I found that 80% of my progress was in diet changes.

I set goals, made a plan, took action and stayed motivated. That’s it, and if I can do it, so too can you!
My journey today is sharpening the saw.
53d3ge4pww00.png
Maintaining weight is every bit as challenging as losing the weight.
Feel free to add me as friend...and Oh, by the way...
I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING!
lol
Just thought I'd mention that.

Replies

• Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Way to take responsibility for your own health! You mention that maintaining weight is just as challenging as losing weight. In what way? What keeps you motivated?
  • LoveToRead91
    LoveToRead91 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, good job!
  • RWClary
    Options
    Dana_E wrote: »
    Way to take responsibility for your own health! You mention that maintaining weight is just as challenging as losing weight. In what way? What keeps you motivated?
    Once you reach your weight goal, the temptation is to party....take time off...celebrate....
    Most people gain their weight back that way.
    I set new goals to lose fat and maintain muscle, and it's easy to let that weight creep back up, so every effort I learned and applied losing weight is used to maintain.
    The biggest difference is that I no longer log in food intake or exercise burn. That became intuitive.
  • chastityb5
    chastityb5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing work !!!!!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    You look great- congratulations! I wish more doctors would prescribe diet and exercise instead of pills.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fab.
  • kane413
    kane413 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good job man
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i mean you were pretty swole in 2011....but good job on the fat loss
  • lisa77marie
    lisa77marie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    DAMN! re-composition is so hard. Incredible job brother.

Bro post details.

What did you change in your diet. Calorie wise - did you eat exactly the same and just started lifting?
    Do you think the whole process would've been a bit more efficient if you had lost weight first via deficit and then gained up instead of re-comp?

• RWClary
    edited April 2016
    Options
    viren19890 wrote: »
    DAMN! re-composition is so hard. Incredible job brother.

Bro post details.

What did you change in your diet. Calorie wise - did you eat exactly the same and just started lifting?
    Do you think the whole process would've been a bit more efficient if you had lost weight first via deficit and then gained up instead of re-comp?
    I started by simply losing weight and following the MFP recommendations for 1 pound of weight loss per week.
    It was very easy, but as I progressed, things became more and more challenging.
    The further along I got, the more I had to focus diet, and when I hit 200 pounds, I had transitioned to a mostly whole food diet.
    Hitting my goal weight was great, but then what?
    I decided to strive toward peak fitness and optimal health, so I further tightened my diet and credit the diet changes for 80% of my progress losing body fat.

The body recomposition remains a work in progress. It involves cycling calories as well as macros to match strength training and cardio days. Today, I train 7 days per week 3 hours per day.
    I do not need a rest day, because on 2 days, my training is actually light aerobics which includes swimming and hiking in the woods. That's my "rest".
    Good luck to you...and thanks all for the supportive comments.

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Woooooo!

Congrats on your newfound health. :smile:
  • Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow... YOU are an inspiration! Great work- you look amazing!
  • brendahughes37679
    brendahughes37679 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing congratulations!
  • RWClary
    Options
    Again, thanks, and feel free to ADD me for mutual support.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!