Finished 12 Week Challenge - on to the next!

Options
Hurray! I just completed a 12 week challenge. I'm on to the next!

The hard parts for me:
  1. Dedicating time to workout and cook. It requires a change in priorities or it won't work.
  2. Changing what I ate. I focused on making better choices and found that after 4 weeks of exercising, my body actually started craving good food.
  3. Being patient. It's such an important part, but I wanted results the next day! I started a running program to train for a half marathon this year and that really put into perspective how patience is your biggest ally. My resting heart rate went from 69 bpm to 52bpm in three months. I still can't run a half marathon, or even an hour straight, but I know I'm making progress.

What made it easier:
  1. Knowing that 'mind over matter' really does work.There were multiple times I talked myself into it instead of talking myself out of it. If I can make my health a priority, what else can I achieve?
  2. Realizing the results. I took photos and took measurements every 3 weeks to stay motivated. The scale didn't change much. I lost 5 pounds, but I could see changes and my clothes felt loose.
  3. Being competitive with my hubby. When I came home and he said "I already finished my workout" it was "game on".

1ppqy2sg55up.png

Replies

• AmeliamaeRN
    AmeliamaeRN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great tips. Pictures every 3 weeks is a good idea!
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Yes sometimes you don't lose weight each week but the centimetres really reduce. Well done on you. I also agree with you about self belief. If you tell yourself you can't do something you probably won't but if you believe you can do something you certainly have a much better chance of achieving it.
  • loywi1
    loywi1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    what was the 12 week challenge? That sound like a great timeframe.
  • shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Interested in the knowing more about the 12 week challenge
  • idioticblu
    idioticblu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It was a 12 week 250kchallenge on bodybuilding.com. I used the weight lifting from Body for Life Program (3days a week). And I did couch to 10k training for cardio days (days in between weight lifting).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!