Whole30, super active, not losing

Options
ZRx4
ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
I've been on whole30 for a month, generally 15-20k + steps a day, lifting every other day, and hiit a few days per week (not logged due to my Fitbit double logging). General daily burn 2200-3300, eating around 1600. Any advice. I feel like I'm spinning wheels here, 15 lbs to lose. I have 4 kids, and my 20 month old isn't the best sleeper, so I get around 5-7 hours of sleep a night.

I'm 5'7"
156 lb

Please help!

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    You are already in a healthy weight range, so losing is going to be slower. Aim for .5lbs per week. You say you eat "about" 1600 which leads me to believe you do not use a food scale to weigh all your food, which you should start doing. Since you have so little to lose, you don't have much room for error.
  • ZRx4
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    You are already in a healthy weight range, so losing is going to be slower. Aim for .5lbs per week. You say you eat "about" 1600 which leads me to believe you do not use a food scale to weigh all your food, which you should start doing. Since you have so little to lose, you don't have much room for error.

Thanks, it's good to know losses slow down by a lot. My food scale broke and need to replace it. I have a pretty good eye, since I did previously weigh, but I agree it prolly needs to be tightened up a bit. Thanks for the tip!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Weight loss doesn't get slower the nearer you are to a certain weight. It slows down or grinds to a stop when you're not burning more calories than you're eating. Create a deficit and you're set to lose those last couple of kilograms.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Keeping carbs below 100 grams/day will also help.
  • ZRx4
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »
    Weight loss doesn't get slower the nearer you are to a certain weight. It slows down or grinds to a stop when you're not burning more calories than you're eating. Create a deficit and you're set to lose those last couple of kilograms.

That's why I am asking for advice. I burn a lot and eat around 1600. I'm constantly on the move and haven't been losing. I've previously weighed my food, so I have an idea of what portions to eat. What gives?
  • ZRx4
    Options
    These are my calories out vs calories in according to my Fitbit. I say around 1600 cus that's my goal, but generally look to be around 1400-1800.
    2uejwt2ax0sj.png
    jdm9nk7x3902.png
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you are not losing, you are not in a deficit. Replace your scale, and tighten up your food tracking.