• smnasypany
    smnasypany Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    smnasypany wrote: »
    smnasypany wrote: »
    Try eating at least 1500 calories a day, at how little your eating your body is probably thinking its starving itself and therefore will hold onto the fat to protect your body. I weigh 140 and am aiming to lose a pound a week and I eat 1480 calories a day (thats my goal) and I exercise (weights and cardio) 5 days a week so your body probably needs more calories. That being said, If you are exercising as long as the number on the scale isn't increasing, it could be muscle gain. And try taking measurements instead if weighing yourself. I know personally my weight is staying the same but I'm losing inches off my waist. But only take measurements about once every month or you'll get discouraged easily.

The answer to not losing weight is never to eat more calories. Your body doesn't 'hold onto the fat' if you aren't eating enough. It's just not possible.

More likely is the scenario in which the OP needs to tighten up her logging.

I've been extremely diligent and obsessive about logging since this is so incredibly important to me. I will not eat or drink anything that I cannot log. I am going to meet with a nutritionist to see what I can find out from their perspective. I should probably be measuring myself but I haven't done that yet.

I looked at your diary. Since March 7, you have been over your calorie goal 11 times, with some of those days being 1,000+ calories over goal. Days like those can completely negate whatever deficit you have built during other days. Also, it looks like you eat your exercise calories back. I would suggest only eating 50% of them, as MFP tends to overestimate calories burned.

There have been a few cheat days over the month that were the 1000+ days. I use a heart rate monitor and log my calories based on what that tells me I've burned. I started out eating all the calories that I burned since mfp included it as if I was supposed to eat it. After researching it I decided against eating those calories.

Regular "cheat days" can keep you from being able to meet your goals.

This. Before spending money on a nutritionist--although you should really see a registered dietician--why not just stick to your goal for a month and see how it goes?

Yeah, going through and writing it all out put it into perspective for me. I thought I was sticking to 1200 more often then I actually have been and even increased to 1650 these past few days. I'll just keep at it and leave it at 1200. Thanks!