Friends

Options
I am needing a person to talk to through out the day to encourage me too lose weight. Someone to keep me accountable.

Replies

• Sleepyscribbler
    Sleepyscribbler Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think maybe expecting someone to be available throughout the day is a bit unrealistic. I know I don't feel able to commit to that. If you don't get a positive response — and I really hope I'm wrong, and that you do — then maybe just post with a more general request for friends, saying a little about yourself so people can tell if they'd be a good match.
    But why do you need someone else to be responsible for keeping you accountable. You are accountable only to yourself in the end. Maybe it would be more effective to ask for help finding ways to keep yourself motivated? Lots of good advice available from people on that topic here.
    Meanwhile I hope you can find people to make friends with here — we all need a little help sometimes — and also find ways for yourself to stay motivated and commuted to whatever you plan to lose. It's only your own commitment that counts in the long run, after all.
  • gabieyer0117
    gabieyer0117 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not expecting anyone to be accountable all through the day. A couple check ins through out the day. I'm also asking. Keeping me accountable means checking in and out also. Accountability isnt only from yourself,but others too. I am going to do my darned best to keep myself accountable. Maybe i should of explained more. But thanks for the advice.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I think maybe expecting someone to be available throughout the day is a bit unrealistic. I know I don't feel able to commit to that. If you don't get a positive response — and I really hope I'm wrong, and that you do — then maybe just post with a more general request for friends, saying a little about yourself so people can tell if they'd be a good match.
    But why do you need someone else to be responsible for keeping you accountable. You are accountable only to yourself in the end. Maybe it would be more effective to ask for help finding ways to keep yourself motivated? Lots of good advice available from people on that topic here.
    Meanwhile I hope you can find people to make friends with here — we all need a little help sometimes — and also find ways for yourself to stay motivated and commuted to whatever you plan to lose. It's only your own commitment that counts in the long run, after all.

Why was this flagged?