Am I the only one that doesn't log exercise/activity routines?

Options
13»

Replies

• CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I don't get very specific. If I do 10 minutes of rowing for a warm up, 20 minutes of leg-centered weight-lifting, and then a 45 minute HIIT jog, I just select "jogging" in MFP and group all calories burned under that one entry. I don't have the time or interest to get very specific. (I wear a heart rate monitor to get my calorie estimate.)
    hear rate monitors are only mostly accurate(they are still an estimation) for steady state cardio such as running/jogging,bicycling,etc. they wont be accurate for weight lifting,walking,etc

How does walking not fall under steady state cardio and lumped with weight lifting, etc?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    This is comparing two different things but you can see what a huge deficit you have been creating.

"I just tested it out and it's told me my maintenance calories are
    2,946 but are having 1,800 from MFP. I'm 5ft 10" by the way at 15st 7lbs. "

Remember MFP goal is + exercise calories.

Also remember MFP activity setting is nothing to do with your exercise routine - it's your day to day life/job.

Both MFP and TDEE methods work but please don't mix them up. Pick one method and follow it.

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the Eat Train Progress Group here on this site. Run by very informative moderators. This group is right up your alley and I bet ya you would gain a wealth of information. Read thru their sticky posts they have. Make minor adjustments in your intake and workouts. And you'll be well on your way to a fit young man.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/10118-eat-train-progress