Stretchmarks - but NO kids

Options
2»

Replies

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any from pregnancy, even though I did get hugely pregnant and had big babies. Do have some on my hips from growing though.

I live in a beach state and nobody is going to care if you have stretchmarks in a bikini, that is way within the realm of acceptable good looks here.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone, it's good to know it's not just me :)
    Do you ladies with noticeable stretchmark's feel comfortable wearing a bikini though? I'm feeling good about wearing one on the beach but have a horrible (probably irrational) fear that people will stare or comment :(

I would wear a bikini except:
    - it's too cold up here to wear any sort of bathing suit
    - I have 4" of flab hanging that is not worth torturing the world to show

If you want to wear a bikini, wear it. People will stare and comment, it's what people do. You either learn to ignore it or not give them things to talk about.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    frantzcr wrote: »
    They should fade overtime but if you are really self conscious about them for this upcoming vacation you could try a spray tan or something. I've never been over weight and I still have them on my butt. It's just how it is
    Mine are completely faded now, in fact they're paler than my skin tone so a spray tan might be a good idea to even everything up.
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Remember men have stretch marks as well, and they can be from gaining muscle so it's not something to be ashamed of!!! I have them from puberty too, on hips and under arms, and tiny bit on upper thighs. Trust me I hate them too but I've grown to not focus on the so much. I'm still not confident enough with them to wear a bikini, but it's a work in progress. In fact I don't think I'll ever feel completely at ease about them but I won't beat myself up about it anymore.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have never had kids and I definitely have stretch marks, particularly on my bingo wings (that loose skin/fat hanging under your upper arms, in your armpit). They won't ever go away, which is a bummer, but it's common to have them.

I remember first getting them as a teenager, as I was piling on the weight. I had long dark purple/blue-ish streaks all down my torso. Freaking out, I ran to my mom, thinking I had a parasite or something, and she said, "It's stretch marks, from your skin stretching. It happens when you gain weight." That wasn't enough of a nudge for me to start losing weight, which is a shame, but better late than never!
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I do on my thighs and calves. No kids and never have been overweight. Just from growing--have had them since middle school!
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    nice abs :)
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Dude I've never even been overweight and I'm covered in them. It's just genetics.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    No kids and I love my stretchmarks. They're a really pretty brown and blend really well with the rest of my skin tone. I have them on my thighs and glutes.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have never had kids and I definitely have stretch marks, particularly on my bingo wings (that loose skin/fat hanging under your upper arms, in your armpit). They won't ever go away, which is a bummer, but it's common to have them.

I remember first getting them as a teenager, as I was piling on the weight. I had long dark purple/blue-ish streaks all down my torso. Freaking out, I ran to my mom, thinking I had a parasite or something, and she said, "It's stretch marks, from your skin stretching. It happens when you gain weight." That wasn't enough of a nudge for me to start losing weight, which is a shame, but better late than never!

I was only about 10 when I got my first stretchmarks, on my legs, and my mum completely freaked out and wanted to put me on a diet. She never had a single one even after having three kids so she just couldn't deal with it. Probably part of the reason I'm so insecure about them!
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks as well. This is the reason why i began my weight loss journey. They made me feel so uncomfortable. I am only 19 years old. Two months ago i weighed 217 and i now weigh 195. I realize that the stretch marks wont go away over night. I have been loosing weight and some of the stretch marks aren't as noticeable. I have three on my tummy and several on my sides (muffin top) I use Bio Oil and it does help to fade them. I have played hockey for 13 years and from it my legs got very big which resulted in stretch marks on my legs. :smile:
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks all over my hips and on my breasts from growing fast as a kid. I was never overweight. Stretch marks are largely due to genetics.

I dislike the "tiger stripes" saying because it implies you should be proud of something you had no control over. (And indirectly that if you don't have a good reason like motherhood then you should be ashamed.) They're stretch marks. They don't hurt and you can hardly see them once they fade. Many, many people have them. Men and women.

Wear your bikini and enjoy yourself!
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone, it's good to know it's not just me :)
    Do you ladies with noticeable stretchmark's feel comfortable wearing a bikini though? I'm feeling good about wearing one on the beach but have a horrible (probably irrational) fear that people will stare or comment :(

There's a good chance that 99% of the other people on the beach are too worried about their own love handles, flabby thighs, unbleached arm-hair, cellulite, wrinkles, knobby knees etc etc etc to spend a lot of time worrying about your stretch marks. You notice your imperfections more than anybody else ever will.