Looking for supporting in my life changing procedure!

My name is Alex and in a few months I will be getting the gastric sleeve in order to completely change my life. Basically, my stomach is the size of a melon maybe now and after surgery it'll be the size of an egg. During these 6 months (I am about 4 months in) I am looking for support. I've fallen off the wagon a few too many times and have gained a few pounds back. I've been walking more than ever, but I don't feel as successful as before. I just need some friends and support to kick my butt into gear! This is a life changing choice I have made; I don't want to get sick. Heart problems, diabetes and every thing else you could get from being over weight is prevalent in my family.

Anyone in a similar situation? Thanks! I'm excited to be here. :)

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Those procedures are very dangerous. They can cause complications in and of themselves. I knew someone one who got a gastric bypass and he did okay with it but I haven't spoken to him in years. I know he couldn't eat much at all or he would vomit. And if he drank alcohol he would get drunk after just a little bit. It's definitely going to be a huge life change for you.

Good luck to you!
  • amsalcedo3
    amsalcedo3 Posts: 4 Member
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Good luck to you!

Thank you!
  • lina1016
    lina1016 Posts: 68 Member
    Good luck with the procedure. We are all on here to support and lift one another. Be strong and look at your bright future ahead!! You got this!
  • amsalcedo3
    lina1016 wrote: »
    Good luck with the procedure. We are all on here to support and lift one another. Be strong and look at your bright future ahead!! You got this!

Thank you so much!! I'm excited for this. It will be difficult but I am so ready for this. :)
  • CindyLou331
    CindyLou331 Posts: 5 Member
    @amsalcedo3, I just had gastric sleeve surgery on 3/28 - my post op appt. in Thursday and I'm looking forward to my weigh in! Yes, this is life changing but SOOOO worth it! You're going to live longer and healthier and feel better. I don't know if you have kids and/or grandkids, but, personally speaking, I want to live long enough to enjoy my grandkids. THAT is one of my motivations. :)
  • amsalcedo3
    @amsalcedo3, I just had gastric sleeve surgery on 3/28 - my post op appt. in Thursday and I'm looking forward to my weigh in! Yes, this is life changing but SOOOO worth it! You're going to live longer and healthier and feel better. I don't know if you have kids and/or grandkids, but, personally speaking, I want to live long enough to enjoy my grandkids. THAT is one of my motivations. :)

I'm so excited to get it! THANK YOU FOR the positive reply to me. I appriciate it greatly!