Options
Hi Fitness Community....am very lucky to have found this site...
I thank all you guys for your support

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site :flowerforyou:
  • MelloT
    MelloT Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you SoliQ and gtrigg.
    gtrigg I read your post however I dont get what is wrong with salt
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Thank you SoliQ and gtrigg.
    gtrigg I read your post however I dont get what is wrong with salt

Salt is a good thing. It helps your nervous system send messages through your body, and, in conjunction with potassium, it helps balance fluid levels in your body. TOO MUCH salt, however, is a very bad thing. It contributes to high blood pressure, and, in sensitive individuals, it can cause edema and contribute to conditions such as heart failure. The problem with salt is, of course, that those of us in industrialized countries eat WAAAAY too much of it. I tell people to go back and look at their food diary reports for about a week. Click that orange button. If you're going much over 2,500mg on a regular basis, it's a problem. If you're African American, if you have blood pressure issues, etc. you should probably be keeping it more around 1,500mg a day. The average American eats about 3,600mg per day.

I posted a link to a WebMD slide show in my blog today. Was pretty interesting. It highlights high sodium foods in the American diet and explains why too much salt is bad.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/slideshow-salt-shockers
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Welcome, best of luck to you!!!!
  • jlclarke
    jlclarke Posts: 107
    Options
    Welcome you have found the right site if you are in need of support. Don't be afraid to post. Everyone will try their best to help you out. Good luck