Will I seem Crazy? Walking on my .25 mile road?

Options
Would I seem crazy if I walk on my road, which is .25 mile to the end. I live in the country between two busy areas so lots of traffic, but no sidewalks. My road is a dead end, and if I go down and back it is a half mile. Would it be silly to just run/walk on my road?

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Is it sillier not to exercise at all?
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Not unless you wear a clown suit.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    I don't like to walk where there is traffic either. I live on a 40 mile long bike path and I walk up and down the same two miles every day. No difference. Do what you need to do!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options

+1
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    It may get boring after a little while but if it gets you outside in the fresh air moving (without worrying about traffic) sounds like a good thing to me.
  • Aed0416
    Aed0416 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    People run in circles on a .25 mile track.
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Aed0416 wrote: »

What he said. If someone is watching you do that, that is more crazy! Just do it!
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Aed0416 wrote: »

True dat.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options

+1

^This.

You are most definitely not silly for trying. Good luck :)
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I live in a country lane with busy roads at each end, it's a little longer at about 1 mile, but I take a bin bag with me and litter pick as I go. I look like a tramp in my old painting trousers as I go but I honestly don't care what people think of me, they can judge all they like. Do what works for you and stop overthinking the situation or you'll talk yourself out of it before you leave the house and ultimately you'll be missing out.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Not at all!
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    No crazier than those of us who run on treadmills in our living rooms and end up going nowhere at all! :D
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Are you in danger of getting hit?

Because drivers ain't too bright these days.

Traffic + No sidewalk + buffoons = Couchsurfing

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think someone was crazy for walking up and down a dead end road but I walk miles inside my own house so someone might think that was crazy. It doesn't matter what they think.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I think it would be silly if you didn't take advantage of that road. If you happen to make eye contact with anyone while out, just smile. You do you. xo
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Probably not any sillier than me walking circles in the apartment Haha. I walk several miles a day doing this. Whatever helps you get steps in. :)
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I've walked parking lots at train stations and office complexes. The only thing you look is healthy. Most people complain they don't have time to take a walk.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Would I seem crazy if I walk on my road, which is .25 mile to the end. I live in the country between two busy areas so lots of traffic, but no sidewalks. My road is a dead end, and if I go down and back it is a half mile. Would it be silly to just run/walk on my road?

Nah. It is not unusual for me to walk circles in my apartment or walk my neighborhood road (I forget how long it is .25 or less and is a circle).
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Why would you seem crazy and to whom would you seem crazy?To a few people sitting on the couch, staring out the window to see what the neighbors are up to? :o

Just do what works for you. That's all that matters. It's YOUR journey. It sounds like a great plan to me.