Is it sodium or fat?

Options
After killing at the gym and nutrition, we went to South Carolina for spring break. I woke up early every day but one and crushed a workout at Orangetheory. Now, I'm a trainer and I KNOW you can't workout a bad diet, but after 6 days being out of town I physically look insanely puffy. Muscle definition is soft. Face looks fuller. All the changes I saw after weeks of hard work seem to be gone. I just finished up AF as well, so I'm waiting a week before I weigh in.
Question being, could this loss of definition/fluff be real weight/fat gain, or could it be from access carbs/sodium? I feel so yucky and that all that work is gone. Workouts were kept up, but definitely more bbq and fried chicken than I usually have. LOL.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No one knows if you ate thousands and thousands and thousands of calories over your maintenance or not. So what can we say? It's possible you gained a pound or two, and it's possible you didn't and you are retaining water.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Like the above poster said, unless you ate 3500-17500 calories (1-5lbs) over maintenance, it's probably just bloat.
  • LewisAndrea9
    LewisAndrea9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this app & blog, however travel for work a fair amount and regardless of diet or exercise am always puffy after travel. Drink extra fluids, keep your routine steady and you will see yourself return to normal after a 3-4 days from returning home. Good for you- Working our while on vacation! That's dedication-
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Probably water retention.