Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Accountable Daily Food Journal

Hi, everyone!
I have had my best weight loss results when I keep a daily food journal. The problem is, I don't always log, and when that happens I gain back the weight. I don't have a problem exercising regularly. It's the nutrition component that gets me every time. I know what I should and shouldn't eat, but when I don't log the calories, I become unaware of how much I am actually consuming. If you have the same problem, please join my group and we can help each other stay on track to meet our goals.

Jessica

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,236 MFP Moderator
    Me too - that's why I use MFP. :) Welcome.
  • JessicaVRosati
    JessicaVRosati Posts: 61 Member
    Thank you!
  • paulcowley
    paulcowley Posts: 2 Member
    Yeah I'd have to agree with you on this, exercising is a natural instinct for me, logging everything I eat however is a different story. I'm so much better with MFP though.
  • phillybeare
    phillybeare Posts: 10 Member
    you can add me as a friend if you like i only have a couple of friends
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    For me it is a exercise routine that gets me, but I have my little friend (in picture) to motivated me to take a 30 min walk. But I am the same way with the food journal eventually I hope not to have to use it because it will just be apart of my daily routine. Best of luck to everyone!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Check my diary. It shows my entire day. It's all planned, and there's still 1000 calories on it that I haven't eaten. I've already evaluated the things that need to change to account for the variety from previous days, and I'm comfortable with everything on my list for today.

That's how I use the log to stay on the plan. I plan my eats, then I eat my plan.