ninety days of "no misses no excuses"

Options
when i joined mfp at the end of 2013 i was already on a good track. with the tools and friends i found here, i lost more than thirty pounds while making big improvements in all the usual health markers (resting heart rate, blood pressure, vo2max, etc). moving into maintenance mode, i continued to eat properly and exercise regularly until november, 2015 when i convinced myself that "a little break" wouldn't matter.

seriously dumb idea. i am now twenty or so pounds heavier than i need to be and not nearly as fit as i was six months ago. and it is time for that to change.

i need to reacquaint myself with the good habits that got and kept me lean-ish and mean-ish. to do that i am committing to three months of impeccable old-fashioned CICO diet and exercise and i am looking for some people to join me because, you know, misery loves company. ;)

i don't care what kind of program you undertake, as long as it isn't self-destructive and doesn't involve fairy dust or trying to lose six pounds a week. i do care that you commit to opening your diary, some kind of calorie and exercise goals, logging your food and exercise every single day, checking in at least a couple of times a week, and complimenting or berating me as the circumstances warrant. i will make the same commitments to you.

that's the deal. what happens after three months? no idea but we can figure it out then. if you want to join me, send me a pm and let me know. i started today.

Replies

• worsthorse
    worsthorse Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    started my second week of the program today. on track but solo. so sad! looking for a couple of people that want to do the whole deal - lifting, cardio, logging - for at least three months. first time, restarting, realigning, whatever. would be even better if they were old guys that do this so they can do other stuff... trek, climb, hike, bike, etc.
  • anne_driessen
    anne_driessen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So Ill be a week behind, but I like the idea of 90 days of no excuses and no misses, Im in :smile:
    I am the exact opposite of an old guy though...so I dont know if my company is wanted :p let me know
  • worsthorse
    Options
    So Ill be a week behind, but I like the idea of 90 days of no excuses and no misses, Im in :smile:
    I am the exact opposite of an old guy though...so I dont know if my company is wanted :p let me know

Happy to have you. Sent a friend request...
  • worsthorse
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I went ninety days with no Mrs. and it was the most peaceful in years.

muahahah!