Recipe software

Options
I am looking at recipe software programs. There are two that I like but I can't decide which one. I need some advice if anyone uses them. The two are Mastercook 11 and The Living Cookbook.

Replies

• jchapman1957
    jchapman1957 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I know that it's been awhile since this thread was started but, I'll put a vote in for "The Living Cookbook". There are up to 30,000 recipes available online to add to this program. They range from Bobby Flay to Rachael Ray to Top Secret. The ingredient database is huge. I have used it several times to calculate calories, etc. for meals I've cooked and entered here in my diary.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have Mastercook 9 and LOVE it. I don't have any knowledge of the version 11 but mine is very user friendly. I have added a lot of recipes that I find on the internet or in the emails that I get from Pillsbury, Kraft, Betty Crocker, etc. What I like about Mastercook is that it will calculate the nutritional info per serving. Sometimes the ingredients aren't in the database and it will tell you what it can't find. I just keep that in mind and when I actually make it, I keep track of the brands that I use and it's fairly easy to add to the ingredient database. Sometimes if it says that an ingredient can't be found it's because the recipe worded it differently than what's in the database. For example, the recipe may say "1% milk" and the database may have "low-fat, milk 1%" or something to that effect. I can be a little of a pain in that respect but I still like it a lot.