Anyone have a Gear S2

Options
kyleliermann
kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
I am looking for a new app that is similar to the Fitbit app that work with the Gear s2

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I've looked at the S2 because I have the GearFit and it's just a bit bulky. It seems like Samsung wraps it up into sHealth (which is pretty meh for details). It does look like you can get the Nike+ which my friend really likes, but I'm not 100% sure how detailed it is, and doubt it does everything FitBit does.
  • kyleliermann
    Options
    Yea I seen that you can get nike however thats not all day tracking thats just exercise tracking
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The only thing you get with the Gear S2 fitness wise is the S Health App. It does not automatically track your sleep like fitbit. It will map your walking routes though but I found that you have to have wifi turned on on your phone for it to map correctly.

You can also get Lifesum which allows you to track food, and workout trainer. Both apps are available on the Gear app thing. You have to download the Samsung Gear app from the Google Play store and sync that with your watch, then from there you can pick and choose which apps to install on your watch.

Other than that.. no.. no MFP app :( I've been logging in every day and manually logging my steps by adding a "walk" everyday then whatever amount of calories S health says I've burned.
  • kyleliermann
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    The only thing you get with the Gear S2 fitness wise is the S Health App. It does not automatically track your sleep like fitbit. It will map your walking routes though but I found that you have to have wifi turned on on your phone for it to map correctly.

You can also get Lifesum which allows you to track food, and workout trainer. Both apps are available on the Gear app thing. You have to download the Samsung Gear app from the Google Play store and sync that with your watch, then from there you can pick and choose which apps to install on your watch.

Other than that.. no.. no MFP app :( I've been logging in every day and manually logging my steps by adding a "walk" everyday then whatever amount of calories S health says I've burned.[/q

thanks for the sad information. :(

Also Make a note of this, Fitbits will die if worn in a sauna