25 Pull Up/Chin Up Challenge

Options
RWClary
RWClary Posts: 192 Member
I am seeking to be able to perform 25 dead hang Pull Ups and 25 Chin Ups, so any of you guys who can do this, let's see it.
I can't seem to quite get it, so advice is welcome!

qo3xy9ttc39a.png

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I can't lie, that's a beastly number of pull-ups and chinups for a guy your size.

We seem to have differing definitions of "dead hang" tho.

But still, very impressive.
  • RWClary
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    I can't lie, that's a beastly number of pull-ups and chinups for a guy your size.

We seem to have differing definitions of "dead hang" tho.

But still, very impressive.
    Thanks, and my form could use some work, and that would knock me down to about 17....
    I want to do these right.
    Again, thanks!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Keep punchin!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Impressive!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!

• RWClary
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    That's cool! how long did it take you to get up that number? I can do about 10 on a good day I do mine a little slower though about 2 seconds slower going up and down. I been fascinated with chin ups since a few years ago i noticed a 63 year old dude doing 3 sets of 25! How do you train for it? Every other day? Do you pull up til failure all the time?

I do them to failure twice per week, and as you noticed, I need to improve form.
    I used to 50 in the USMC,so it comes natural. I won't see that number, but 25 is doable.
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! Thank you for posting. I hope others will see that this number can be achieved through consistent hard work. Keep at it!