Checking in from O*C

Options
GusOC
GusOC Posts: 16 Member
Hello my names Gus i'm from SoCal O*C. The world recently lost a very beautiful and special person who I loved very much, the girl in my pic. So getting back into working out and calorie counting is one of the ways I have decided to help keep my mind off of it. It's been near impossible to deal with but when I'm at the gym is one of the only times I'm not thinking about it so I figured I would check out this site and say hi to the message board.
~Gus

Replies

• Lewisg51
    Lewisg51 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss bro, stay strong, it's a great thing to keep your mind busy, ever want any support just message me.
  • krazgrl
    krazgrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong through these difficult times. Fellow OC here (born and raised OC and currently in Long Beach). :smile:
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,952 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss as well. Look after yourself, ok?

I'm in Culver City but I'm a fan of the OC sports teams instead. QUACK!!
  • GusOC
    Options
    Thanks for the replies ppl. It's been a nightmare. One thing I noticed is having ZERO appetite makes cutting up for summer easy. When a single banana makes you full there's no chance of over eating. I might just be in college shape by summer.
    Krazgrl, I lived in Belmont shores for a year and was a bouncer at the Blues Cafe back in 03. Saw some good swing bands there.
    lkpducky, What did you think when they dogged us and changed the name of the Angles? That was garbage imo.
  • lkpducky
    Options
    Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? What were they thinking?? Just unreal. They belong to the OC! *shakes head* darn Cubs are ahead right now.

Meanwhile, start of the 2nd period and the Duckies are ahead of Winnipeg.
  • krazgrl
    krazgrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @GusOC Awesome! I'm near Bixby Knolls. I'm born and raised South OC (Laguna Niguel) but love the LA sports (or well, just hockey. All other sports are boring in comparison). Go Kings, Go!
  • mattb714
    mattb714 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Orange County born and raised (now in Whittier). No true Angel fan like the "Los Angeles" name change!
  • lkpducky
    Options
    I forgot to add that even though we're in LA County, my husband commutes to Irvine for his work. He gets up super early and leaves work early to beat traffic.
  • GusOC
    Options
    @krazgrl San Clemente here S0*Cal O*C 1503 Baba! You might like combat sports. Mma, boxing, k-boxing, wrestling are all exciting. Get into that if your looking for good sports to watch.
    @mattbrewer714 What's up homeboy.
    @lkpducky ikr! I crashed my GSX-R 750 in Irvine back in 04. Sport bike vs F-150 isn't a good idea in case ne1 was wondering.
    We all gotta hit our fit goals and hit the beach this summer banging OC.
  • lkpducky
    Options
    If @krazgrl likes combat sports, she's going to like tonight's Ducks-Kings game. There will be bloodshed. yikes!

@GusOC My husband doesn't do sport bikes but regular bikes in the past. He's noticed a good number of cyclists on paths near where he works (his company sits practically on the UCI campus).
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your loss... :'(

Hello from Tijuana
  • GusOC
    Options
    ElizaRoche wrote: »
    Sorry about your loss... :'(

Hello from Tijuana

Thanks luv I appreciate it. TJ is only an hour and a half from me. I have fond memories of going to TJ. In my late teens I would drive down, walk across, take a taxi to Madonnas strip club, walk next door to the pharmacy, buy a bunch of "meds", get some liqueur on my breath at madonnas, then walk back across. Oh those were the days. Is that strip club and or pharmacy still there?
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Lol I guess so, not my area so I'm not sure :D
  • GusOC
    Options
    Madonnas and the Farmacia Droguería Store is still right there! I had to google it and check. I bet they're getting a whole new generation or dumb teenagers now a days.