Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is this a good plan?

drummondk
drummondk Posts: 79 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been on a weight loss journey since February of this year. I've lost about 10lbs give or take. I'm hoping to amp up my efforts to see how much more I can lose between now and June when my husband and I go on a trip together.

I've been weighing my food and counting calories. I've also been walking almost daily and doing resistance training most days on top of that.

I'm thinking about incorporating a beginner running program 3 days a week, and keeping my walk/resistance training on the other days. What are your thoughts? Is this a good plan or should I be doing more/something different?

I'm currently 5'4 and about 153lbs. Age: 31
Eating around 1400 calories

TIA!

Replies

• Samrny
    Samrny Posts: 62 Member
    I recommend Run! Zombies 5k to train for a running program, it's super fun and easy!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I don't know. I'm 5'4" and around 155 is when I decided to STOP running, get really strict with calorie counting, focus on heavy lifting-and I saw results that were better for me. If you want to increase your deficit or have running goals, sure.