In CT with 100+ to loose

Options
nyred5
nyred5 Posts: 9 Member
Yup...I know how you feel. Changed the way I eat because I'm tired of my doctor adding pill to my menu. Fruits, vegetables, nuts and unprocessed meats are my friend now! Boreshead Deluxe Roast beef, and no salt added Turkey along with low sodium Swiss and Munster are there when I get tired of cooking. Decided to chuck baked goods from my "regular" diet altogether....just about all made with baking soda or baking powder, or added sodium to increase shelf life. Sticking to 3 meals a day. Breakfast may be anything from scrambled eggs with some oatmeal to a boiled egg with a sweet potato sprinkled with cinnamon and a piece of fruit and some peppermint or green tea. Lunch is very simple....two pieces of fruit, two ounces of nuts (love me some almonds) and my coffee. Dinner is usually a large chopped salad ( chopped is much more satisfying) corn, beans, mushrooms, peppers, spinach....etc. or a steamed vegetable and a piece of protein or a couple of slices of low sodium swiss rolled up with no salt added Turkey and some hummus for dipping on the side :) After 9p....call it a night. And if ya feel hungry afterwards....Brush your teeth, drink some seltzer water, and take a couple of Beano or a gas tab and go to sleep!! Works for me.

Replies