Lunch ideas that aren't boring and don't need to be hot!

Options
I need some lunch ideas for my husband to take to work. He's not a picky eater, at all, but has started watching what he eats and doesn't want to eat out every day (not to mention the cost of eating out every day). But because of his work, he doesn't have access to a microwave, and eating cold leftovers isn't always very good.

He does like soup and sandwiches but cannot eat those every day. He also says that a salad, even with protein does not fill him up.

Any ideas?!

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and banana hot dogs.

wraps with veggies and packaged mayo mustard.

fruits

sun chips, baked chips, or chip chips.
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If he would like a little something extra to fill him up a little more, a container of greek yogurt is really good. I like to take the Yopa! brand with me, along with my salad (note, you can add chickpeas to the salad for a nice protein boost, also).

Another good idea is sushi. Some grocery stores carry it already prepared in their deli department and if he's not exactly the most daring, he can go with simple california rolls. Along with it, he can have a salad with an asian-inspired dressing and Arizona Green Tea with ginsing and honey...yum!