cant shed my baby weight... its been three years

Options
h86g
h86g Posts: 4 Member
Hey I have been strugging with losing weight since i had my daughter.. I will be 27 this year. it was a breeze after having my son but when i tried after my girl its not going anywhere. If anything i have gained alot of weight. Ive been using my fitnesspal for a few weeks but im a really big cheater. Its time to get some support and help.

Replies

• C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    By cheating, you are cheating yourself.
    First log everything, it doesn't matter if it says you are over.
    Second is to figure out where you need to be on calories.

Have you been a yoyo dieter before?
    How did you lose weight last time?

These may factor into how you may need to lose weight this time.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    You have taken a big step by reaching out for help. Losing baby weight is hard but I did it and so can you!!!!
  • h86g
    h86g Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    last time I worked out and ate whatever I wanted. Ive never had a problem with my weight until a few years ago. this is all new to me. I have also quit smoking for over a year now and i put on about 10 pounds since then. I just had both my kids birthdays and we didnt eat very well for the last few weeks. I work out a few times a week and im a hair stylist so I am not sitting at a desk all day. I need to crack down and do this
  • llouise86
    llouise86 Posts: 5
    Options
    I know how you feel. Baby weight is the worst. I am currently trying to lose baby weight from my 2nd child and it is hard! Best of luckto you.
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I gained 100 and lost it took a while especially with 2 kids friend me Ill help I understand
  • VanCityFit
    VanCityFit Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    As we get older we can no longer eat what we want and exercise and still expect to lose weight. Try cutting sugar out of your diet and any white starchy carbs that will make a huge difference. Also, have you had your hormones checked? Mine went haywire after I had my son, to the point where I was in menopause.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    After having a baby, the same things we did to lose weight don't always work (eg eat what we want and workout). Logging, measuring and weighing your food will be great things to start, even if your going over.

If you log your exercise calories without a heart rate monitor, the estimates here can be high, so I always estimate down.

You can do it. All of us here view it as a lifestyle change with usually better food, but still having what we enjoy in moderation. You can do it! :)
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    As a mother of two myself, I feel your pain. I am three pounds away from my pre-baby weight and 8 pounds from goal weight. Losing weight is not the same thing it was before babies. Its an entire lifestyle shift. I think that half the battle is summoning the resources to stick to a plan. If you are like me, most of your energy goes to being a good mom, taking care of the house, and organizing family life. Then, if anything is left over, that's what you have to muster up the discipline to stick to your new plan. Its hard, it takes awhile, and its one step at a time. Maybe your first goal can be to just log every thing for a couple of weeks and not focus so much on losing weight. Its two extra weeks of work that will save you tons of time in the long run and be an asset to you for the rest of your life. THEN think about adding in a workout or counting calories. One thing at a time. I was a fast food junkie who thought nothing of down an entire box of cookies if I was having a bad day. Now I eat no dairy, no gluten, no sugar, no grains, not beans, very little alcohol, and ZERO junk food. Ever. I am in the top level of pilates classes offered at my studio and can do a few things that even some of the instructors can't. I am working back up to running after an illness that I had last year, and am loving it. I feel better now than I felt before I had kids, and I am a better mother now that I am healthy than I was before I wasn't "wasting" so much time on self-care. You can get there. Baby steps!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't have children so I feel like I shouldn't be saying this, really...but I think after 3 whole years it might be better to forget about the "baby weight" or thinking of losing the weight from that to return exactly to a previous size, weight, etc - and just say to yourself, "This is simply how much I weigh, now, and I want that number to go lower".

I say that because I think it could possibly make you feel more positive. Instead of seeing it as "leftover baby weight" just view it like, hey I used to be smaller and now I'm larger. Not the end of the world, either way!

Good luck!