Over half of daily calories for breakfast

Options
Okay so my question is I have been using over half my calories for breakfast I don't seem hungry throughout the day will this hinder my weight loss should I be more balanced during meal times

Replies

• TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    You're good. Stay under your goal on a routine basis.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    it doesn't matter when you eat - just how many calories total through the day. btw, your eating pattern may be considered intermittent fasting (i'm not an expert), and a lot of guys in their group seem to get good results by having a large part of the day where they don't eat.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    I eat two big meals, breakfast and then that meal later. :)

You're fine! Do what works for you.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Daily goal is what counts. If you feel okay, go with it. If that changes and you start overeating later in the day then play around with what you eat and when.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    If it's working for you, keep doing it!! If that stops working, you'll need to tweak your routine. Sounds like you're doing just fine, tho!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    All that matters is your overall goal for the day. I tend to eat more at dinner but can at breakfast sometimes as well. Lunch is my lightest meal of the day. Definitely do what works best for you!
  • mrbunsrocks
    mrbunsrocks Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If it works for you and keeps you happy and not hangry, then you're good. Some people feel happy with 6 mini meals; some prefer 3 larger meals, some prefer 2 meals. I say ignore the hype and do what works to allow you to feel good and enjoy your life.
  • poppejennifer
    poppejennifer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks im generally stay within 100 cals of goal
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That's fine. I eat 1/2 of mine after dinner
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting - Consuming your daily caloric intake in 1 to 2 meals. Your method is perfectly valid as long as you don't pass your calorie goals.
  • mulax36
    mulax36 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sounds like you got good advice. I used to eat majority of my calories early in the day and at night eat low caloric foods. With mind set that your biggest meals should breakfast and lunch. I was grazing alot. Since moving in with my fiance though they like to have family meals resulting in a 10+/- weight gain over the last 7 months.
  • poppejennifer
    poppejennifer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had a very low cal meal tonight and was completely satisfied