Again...

Options
Getting back into gear after a long vacation and many pounds later. I'm 5'4 and 149.6 lbs. Looking to get back down to 130 or ideally 125 but I highly doubt I'll see that so I'll take the 130 if I can get there! In my 40's so the old metabolism isn't a spring chicken anymore. I'm part of a 21 Day Challenge so that helps to keep me mildly motivated. Just tired of seeing everyone around me thin and in shape and the only shape I am is round!

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Set up to lose .5 lb per week. I'd stay away from any fad diets or challenges - just eat the way you want to eat for the rest of your life. So, all the things you enjoy, just a little less. Don't hurry and don't compare. Weight loss doesn't have to feel like punishment.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Just take it 1 day at a time and try to do 1% better each day. Exercise hard according to your ability 5-6 days/week and do your best to stick to your calorie and macro goals. You'll get there. It just takes time and consistency. If you have questions or need some encouragement, hit me up. I'm always happy to help.
  • horseorderly
    horseorderly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm actually set for 2 lbs./week. I have a relatively active job so that helps too.
  • vivmom2014
    Options
    I'm actually set for 2 lbs./week. I have a relatively active job so that helps too.

Why such an aggressive goal?

• horseorderly
    horseorderly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of being overweight. =( If I set the bar high it gives me the kick on the butt I need.
  • vivmom2014
    Options
    I'm so tired of being overweight. =( If I set the bar high it gives me the kick on the butt I need.

OK, but beware of burnout. I have found that a slower rate of loss = better sustainability. It's up to you - just keep gathering knowledge.