Seroquel and muscle gain

Options
Hey, my question is for anybody who takes the sleep medication seroquel and also weight trains... What I've read is that the medication can take away important things in your body that would help you gain muscle. Now from my experience I'm in great shape but not where I should be. Does anybody else have this problem on the medication or any input please?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I think that it binds to magnesium, which is important to building muscle. As your doctor to run some blood work after you've been using it for a while and see if you are deficient in any vitamin.
  • d_nadal
    d_nadal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks, just wondering I've been on it for 3 years and I'm about to get off of it I just wanted to hear people's advice but I will get blood test done when I come off
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Be careful when you come off it, to taper off slowly. Otherwise you might get some nasty side effects. I know I had some bad withdrawal symptoms when I came off Seroquel.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    There may a difference in both side effects and withdrawals if you are using the low dose for sleep compared to the therapeutic dose for bipolar etc. I was on the therapeutic dose and it is indeed a bit of a b"£!h to come off of!
  • d_nadal
    d_nadal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How was it for you