Daily Calorie Ratio?

Options
So MFP tells me my total calories for the day, but how should I portion that out? I eat three meals a day plus afternoon snack. Should my lunch be less or equivalent to my dinner? How to you portion out your total calories?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I eat two largish meals, one three hours after I get up and one 5-7 hours later. Some days I'll have a 200 calorie snack midday, but not always.

Eating several small meals didn't work for me, I found myself obsessing about nutrition and the time/how long till I can eat. . . and I never felt happily full.

Two meals at 600-800 calories each is what works for me.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    So MFP tells me my total calories for the day, but how should I portion that out? I eat three meals a day plus afternoon snack. Should my lunch be less or equivalent to my dinner? How to you portion out your total calories?

However you want. You could try different things and see what keeps you feeling full the best (which will then allow you to stay within your calorie goal).
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Three meals a day, about equal. No snacks.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

However you want. You could try different things and see what keeps you feeling full the best (which will then allow you to stay within your calorie goal).

This^

If you find yourself hungry at times, then switch things around. Find what helps you stay on track.