The 4th of july is my independence day as well.

Options
tkloss04
tkloss04 Posts: 4 Member
Hey Everyone,

this is my first post and I felt like I needed to do this because MFP has helped me so much I feel. Last year July 4th 2012 I decided to quit with the excuses and go back to the gym. I can't say it was always easy this last year and I definitely had my times where I slipped up a bit but it the end it has been 100% worth it and I'm never going back to the old me.

When I started this journey I was 453 lbs, I can say that my weight never really bothered me to much, I would still go out with friends and all that but I just never realized how big I was. When I got the the gym on this day last year the first thing i did was weight myself and when I saw 453 I couldn't believe it. That was the motivation I needed, right there staring back at me was what made me say "lets do this, i'm never going to see this number again".

Here I am now a year later and 104 lbs lighter at 349lbs. I still have another 99 lbs I want to lose and I will no doubt, within the last year I've run my first 5k and am doing an 8k on Sunday. I am also training for my first half marathon in April as well as my first triathlon in May.

I want to say that you can do this, you don't have to be super strict with your diet and you can take a day off from working out and you should. I tried to stick to my calorie count and I made sure to work out atleast 5 days a week.

9211631480_a806ecafd9_o.jpg
1 year progress by tkloss04, on Flickr

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    In.

This is an awesome job.

Congrats, and good luck moving forward.
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    What are you 8 feet tall?! There is no way you weigh 349 lbs!!! Congrats to you on a year well spent... you ROCKED it!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Wow...amazing progress.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Job well done.
  • tkloss04
    tkloss04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    haha people tell me that all the time, I'm actually 6'2
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Bro! That's amazing man. Congrats on your success thus far, and keep kicking *kitten* the rest of the way!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    You are incredible!!

Congratulations, and HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    amazing progress! fantastic!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • cheers_b
    cheers_b Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great real life story about how enlightenment, vision and empowerment can work towards self improvement and just general positivity. Not easy --isnt for any of us -- and I really respect your determination and discipline. Pics really do highlight points of a story, dont they?
    Well done!
    Continue on and enjoy!

cheers
    b
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful transformation both in the looks and health departments. Keep at it and you'll be right where you want to be in no time. Congrats.
  • 4pawsmom
    4pawsmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress thus far - very well done!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic job. Such an inspiration.
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That is freaking amazing! Congratulations!
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Amazing job!!!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    great job!!! :)
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!