Creative logging ??

Options
I like the idea that eateries now are doing low carb, how do we word it to log it into our fitness pal? Example. Used to love love Big Macs. Sometimes I gotta have one, just low carb style, so I'm curious how do we get that done :)

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    There are multiple entries in the database for big mac no bun.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you know approximately what you want to subtract, you can log the regular item and log "-1" of what you're removing. So log a Big Mac and then log -1 hamburger bun (or 1.5, maybe . . . to account for the extra piece). This works better when you have a pretty good idea of the details for what you are subtracting.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If you know approximately what you want to subtract, you can log the regular item and log "-1" of what you're removing. So log a Big Mac and then log -1 hamburger bun (or 1.5, maybe . . . to account for the extra piece). This works better when you have a pretty good idea of the details for what you are subtracting.

This. The negative logging can help with things like that.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I would use google to find out the calories and macros and quick add it. If it was something I eat regularly I'd create an entry for my own personal use.

Here's your Big Mac though without the bun in the database (I googled McDonalds Big Mac no bun calories). A few places use this figure so I assume it's accuatre. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/mcdonalds-big-mac-without-bun-103372191
  • newmeoroldme
    newmeoroldme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yep just what I did after the light bulb went off :)/) it was so good I wrapped it in a low carb tortilla and wow didn't even miss it the regular way!!
  • newmeoroldme
    newmeoroldme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys so much !!!!!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options

I had no idea that we could do that. Learn something new everyday.