Eating at the gym....

Options
RoyBeck
RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
The gym I go to is a body building gym (Not why I'm there obviously!) and, naturally, the food smells great in there. However, I can't get the nutritional info to put into MFP so I steer clear.

I can't guess the calories so what can I do?

Replies

• xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I do a fair amount of food dissection... I weigh food at home, so I have a pretty good idea of what 100g of chicken looks like, etc. Log the parts of the food that can be identified, and add a tablespoon of butter or oil here and there.

That, or don't eat their food.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Who's making this magical smelling food? Is it Eatology or an independent company? There has got to be someone to ask. They may not tell you their super secret spice mix or whatever but who ever prepares it can give you an idea of the basic ingredients and amounts. Then just input them manually. If it is something you will be eating on a regular basis or just want to keep the combo handy, save it for future use.
    It's a little big a leg work but you only have to do it a couple of times before you can estimate it on your own.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    Options
    Any gym that is both a weight lifters' gym and makes yummy food sounds like a great place!

The rest of your life is going to be filled with restaurants, parties, sporting events etcetera which feature food. You are going to have to develop some kind of strategy to deal with these events. Well, that or stay home.

As long as you aren't eating five big meals a day, just use your good judgment. We all have to navigate that stuff.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Just try to approximate as best as you can