Key Lime Pie

Options
Mike02209
Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
I love Key Lime Pie, was wondering if anyone knows of a modified version that still retains that unique flavor. First bite often gives me goosebumps.

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    This might not be what you're looking for but...
    - 2 key lime pie flavored yogurts
    - 2 cups of cool whip
    - 1 package of lime jello
    - Mix well and pour in a pie crust
    - Freeze overnight
    - Let it de-thaw a little so it's soft
    - Cut and serve plain or with whipped cream
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of key lime, but there's a key lime Chobani Flip Greek yogurt. I love Chobani Flips and feel like I'm eating a decadent dessert when I have one. That might be worth a try for you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mess with Key Lime Pie. It's the best food ever created. My modification would be to buy one piece instead of a whole pie, or give away the pie if I thought I had to.

I buy entire pies and eat the whole thing - and I live alone. Sometimes it's worth it. :wink:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Just save room for it and indulge occasionally.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mess with Key Lime Pie. It's the best food ever created. My modification would be to buy one piece instead of a whole pie, or give away the pie if I thought I had to.

I buy entire pies and eat the whole thing - and I live alone. Sometimes it's worth it. :wink:

I am in agreement!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »

I am in agreement!

I grew up in South Florida and we had key limes trees in my yard. It is both a delicious treat and a journey to childhood for me.

The recipe on the Nellie & Joe's key lime juice is the one I use at home. With graham cracker crust and whipped cream.