Beating evening snacking?

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Just like others have said, I try to save a few calories for an evening snack. I tend to eat an early dinner (between 5-6) so then I get hungry again later in the evening. So at that time I'll eat something low cal but filling. Like Carmel flavored rice cakes, air popped popcorn, fiber one bars....etc. then I always follow it up with a giant glass of water. Like 24 oz. It fills me well.

This^

If it's boredom sitting in front of the tube.....do something with your hands. Take up crochet, play solitaire, buy an adult coloring book, ANYTHING to keep yourself a bit distracted.

I sit down to watch TV with a big glass of ice water, sometimes I fancy it up with lemon slices. I do allow myself some light popcorn.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    sugar free popsicles and fudgsicles are 15 and 40 calories respectively. Also I get the tollhouse mini cookies and bake 3 at a time or just eat the raw dough (150cals for 3 cookies)

But tbh I save most calories for dinner and my nighttime snack. I have less than 200cals at breakfast, about 200-300 at lunch, and the rest are all for dinner/snacks
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    +! for saving calories for the evening. I actually save a lot of calories - 1000+ if I can - for late evening. It's my quiet alone time. I can structure the rest of my day because I can look forward to what I have planned for night time.
  • arielle144
    arielle144 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is just a little trick for people that don't pre-plan and end up winging it.

You can start counting your calories at night if you don't want to plan it out, and then adjust during the day. First meal would be something like nightly snack, then breakfast, lunch, dinner. It's a mental thing, doesn't give you more calories, but may help you adjust your meals during the day based on what you have left from the night before.

I love this idea. Thanks!