21, and changing my life.

Options
Hi, I wasn't sure about joining the forums at first, I just used it to have a browse and look at people's success stories but I've decided to use it now.

I'm Filipe, I'm 21 years old and I live in the UK near London. I've been a huge build since I hit puberty (currently at 266 pounds) and it's been an up and down rollercoaster since my late teens. I was never bullied but I have always had my insecurities. Last May, I joined the gym in hopes to finally get rid of my weight, did really well until I returned from my Thailand trip and stopped going, part of the reason was I didn't have anyone to go with, so eventually it got boring going on my own.

Enough was enough, I've joined another gym as of last thursday that fits my schedule, it's open 24 hours so I can go whenever I like, and I've been 5 days already. I aim to lose 98 pounds, and today I weighed myself to find I've already lost 5 in a week. 93 to go!

Sorry for the essay, I don't wish to bore you but one day I hope to post my success story with plenty of pictures.

If you'd like to join me on my journey, add me on myfitnesspal @ fillydasilva92

Replies

• brittanygibson1426
    brittanygibson1426 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Filipe! I also have struggled with weight most of my life! I was 245 at my highest and like yourself I decided enough was enough! I also joined a gym and joined this site and I have already lost almost 15lbs..(my first 10 took forever)! Soon enough both of us will have our success stories on here! Ive got 65lbs more to go!
  • fillydasilva92
    fillydasilva92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Filipe! I also have struggled with weight most of my life! I was 245 at my highest and like yourself I decided enough was enough! I also joined a gym and joined this site and I have already lost almost 15lbs..(my first 10 took forever)! Soon enough both of us will have our success stories on here! Ive got 65lbs more to go!

That's great, I always thought your first few weeks are when you drop the most and then it gets slower? I'll be looking forward to seeing your success story.