Making an honest effort

Hello :)

I'm Alice, 25. I've recently picked up Golf again after quite a bit of time off from the sport (I stopped playing when I was about 15), and I've since been motivated to get my life sorted as far as my physical wellbeing. I also have paranoid schizophrenia, and I have recently (last year) stopped taking my medications. One of the awful side effects of these medications was serious weight gain (I weighed 130lbs before starting, now I'm at 180lbs) so with my doctors guidance I am trying to manage my symptoms with some more experimental hormonal treatments (which don't cause AS MUCH weight gain), and increased attention to nutrition and physical activity. I've been seeing some amazing progress so far!

For the last few months I have been playing at least 9 holes of Golf every day rain or shine durring the season, and I do conditioning training daily (alternating between strength training and cardio). I've also been going to the driving range at least twice per week during the season. (My condition does not allow me to work, but my partners like the fact I go to the club daily now since they know I"m safe, and doing something that is healthy for me instead of being paranoid and building radios). After being on my medications so long I forgot what it felt like to have energy (they sort of leave you feeling like a zombie :\). It's been wonderful being active again as I used to golf regular, and participate in triathlons up until 14 when I started to have some serious problems managing my schizophrenia and I really have missed it these last ten years. I was extremely depressed as well until starting this new regime.

I'm really hoping to find some motivation to keep on track with all of this so I don't loose sight of where I"m hoping to end up. I'd like to get back to at least 140lbs again, and back to playing in local amateur golf leagues/tournaments as well :) If I could do that I'd be more than happy with my progress. I've never really dieted before either so I'm hoping to learn some tips from the others on this forums :) My partners and I recently purchased Gym memberships as well so let's hope I don't do what I have done in the past while zombified by medication and never go.

So far so good....:)