40 before 40

JosieGirl1976
JosieGirl1976 Posts: 39 Member
Good morning! I woke up this morning feeling good, positive and motivated. I started up again on MFP the beginning of the year with the goal of loosing 40 pounds before my 40th birthday in July. I have to admit I haven't been faithful logging in at all and made very few changes since then. However, one of the things I did was cut back on soda especially Mt. Dew (my evil addiction). Before I could easily have one to three a day and now I have only had 3 since the end of Feb. I haven't weighed myself since then. Yesterday I was feeling pretty good so I decided just bite the bullet and weigh myself. To my surprise I lost 6 pounds since Feb. I know it doesn't sound like much but the only thing I really did was cut out soda and even then not completely. Amazing how a small change can make a difference. That gives me the motivation to continue and make more goals in order to achieve my short term goal of 40 before 40. I told myself if I achieve this I will start planning a trip to Mexico. Which I so need! I'm starting now to plan out my meals out the weekend before and try new healthy recipes I would have never tried before. I'm excited for the first time in my life to look forward to what I can do and that I continue the motivation. I want the second half of my life to be a healthy one. Anyone else setting goals before their 40th?

Replies

• Tx_Julie_Mango
    Tx_Julie_Mango Posts: 48 Member
    I'm 42 and I'm trying to loose 30 by July. I've already lost 100 lbs slooooowly over years. I wish you nothing but luck on your Journey. Feel free to add me and I'm open to any questions you might have.
  • JosieGirl1976
    Wow, thats amazing and Thank you! I will send you a request.
  • missmarts
    missmarts Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, hope you're doing well with your goal. I'm also aiming to be healthier by 40 in December. I've been 'dieting' for nearly 20 years & enough's enough! 40lb off would be a fantastic pressie to myself. Good luck.
  • JosieGirl1976
    Thank you! Wishing you all the best as well. We can do this!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Good morning! I woke up this morning feeling good, positive and motivated. I started up again on MFP the beginning of the year with the goal of loosing 40 pounds before my 40th birthday in July. I have to admit I haven't been faithful logging in at all and made very few changes since then. However, one of the things I did was cut back on soda especially Mt. Dew (my evil addiction). Before I could easily have one to three a day and now I have only had 3 since the end of Feb. I haven't weighed myself since then. Yesterday I was feeling pretty good so I decided just bite the bullet and weigh myself. To my surprise I lost 6 pounds since Feb. I know it doesn't sound like much but the only thing I really did was cut out soda and even then not completely. Amazing how a small change can make a difference. That gives me the motivation to continue and make more goals in order to achieve my short term goal of 40 before 40. I told myself if I achieve this I will start planning a trip to Mexico. Which I so need! I'm starting now to plan out my meals out the weekend before and try new healthy recipes I would have never tried before. I'm excited for the first time in my life to look forward to what I can do and that I continue the motivation. I want the second half of my life to be a healthy one. Anyone else setting goals before their 40th?

I'm in! Needing to be so much healthier
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    I'm in!
  • kandibars
    kandibars Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to join as well! I want to lose 40 lbs before I turn 40. I will be 40 in February 2017. Count me in!!
  • JosieGirl1976
    Wonderful! We can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • newme762
    newme762 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi! My 40th is in November and I'd love to drop 31 lb taking me to 140 lb. I'm 171 now. I'm using MFP to track a 1200 to 1300 cal diet. I'd love to buddy up xx
  • 4mygurls
    4mygurls Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there.. u just turned 39 on the 21st and my goal is to see how much I can drop by my 40th. Looking for motivated and supportive friends. My weakness is late night snacking and not logging my food