Looking for interactive friends!

Options
Hello folks!

I am not new to MFP, I've been here a long time, so I don't really feel like I can post this in the new members section but hopefully it's OK to post here.

I am 36, female and I've been struggling with my weight for my entire life. I've been working on my weight for many years with varying degrees of success.

As it stands, I have almost logged in consistently for 90 days which I'm feeling pretty good about, I'm exercising regularly, making better food choices, I feel stronger and healthier than I have in a long time. However, I'm still not quite there yet. I've stopped gaining weight but it's not coming off either so obviously I'm still eating more than my exercise is burning off.

Current plan:
1) Stay under cals (obvs)
2) Build up my cycling to work. I'm currently doing two days a week and it's hard work. However, it makes me feel so much better about my day/life and burns a shedload of calories so I obviously need to do more of this. I hate driving so it's perfect for getting to work.
3) Do more Body Balance for muscle strength and I plan to buy a weight kit for Body Pump soon.
4) Eat less junk and more real food. Basically this means plan my meals properly so that I don't get super hungry and go to the vending machine.

Over the time I've been on MFP, a lot of my friends have either hit their goals and stopped using MFP, just wombled off as life/whatever, got in the way of their fitness goals and some others just aren't able to provide support for whatever reason.

I could really do with a few friends who are able to provide support during the tough times and kick my *kitten* when it needs to be (and in return support will be provided back of course).

If you want to be friends, please get in touch!

Thanks

Replies

• readleypll
    readleypll Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there!!
    I´m 29 and a female, fighting against the weight.
    I´m new with this calories counting thing and I have no idea about food weight, so I try with spoon/cup/or another one.

I´ve been walking/running for the last month until I got a knee injury, and now I´m out of the road. And since then, I gained 2 kg (sorry, I´m not familiar with lbs because in my country we use kg).
    I´m doing some pilates, abs and knee strenght exercises at home. I can´t wait to walk/run again.

• falalaholly
    falalaholly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I'm 25, also struggle with weight my whole life. I'm currently at my highest weight in my life (next to my pregnancy weight... im actually only 10 lbs away from my due date weight.. AHH!). i just started using MFP (again) about a week ago.. i've used it over the years and i find that once i stopped using it.. and went back on.. i was gaining significant amounts of weight (while i wasnt doing it) so personally for me.. counting calories has been known to work in the benefit..

currently I have been eating (mostly) only healthy foods and healthy portions (with the help of fiber.. lots and LOTS of fiber) but come on, you need that cheat "meal" or even cheat bites to keep yourself sane.. also, I read in a lot of places that it's good to "shock" your body so cheat meals are actually needed (if im wrong, i'm just going to keep telling myself that because there's no way i can not have pizza for the rest of my life haha).

I try to work out at least 3x a week - at the moment i have been doing circuit training on a treadmill, just my own little thing i made up

0-5 minutes at incline 1 - 3.0 speed
    5-10 min at incline 1 - 3.5 speed
    10-12 mins at incline 1 - 5.5 speed
    12-16 mins at incline 1 - 3.5 speed
    16-18 mins at incline 1 - 5.5 speed
    18-22 mins at incline 1 - 3.5 speed
    22-24 mins at incline 1 - 5.8 speed
    24-28 mins at incline 1 - 3.5 speed
    28-30 mins at incline 1 - 5.8 speed
    30-35 mins at incline 1 - 3.5 speed
    35-40 mins at incline 1 - 3.0 speed
    cool down button automatically reduces speed & incline

this has been doing wonders for me, i'm also training for a mud-run in June so wish me luck that i can actually do a 5K! I know its not that far but for me, 3 miles is far enough! also, i just quit smoking a few weeks ago as well so the more i run the better i can breathe and i feel amazing!

Good luck ladies!

-Holly M. :)
  • Genette38
    Genette38 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Both added.

Just realised my post says kick in the kitten! I have no idea where that came from as that's not what I wrote but I kind of like it.
  • ahudemir396
    ahudemir396 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I am 33, and planning lose 10lb in 3 months. Would luv to have buddies throughout!

• Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have a small motivation group where we encourage each other daily and do weekly challenges If you would like to join message me and I'll send you an invite.
  • steelridgekennel
    steelridgekennel Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sheri2016 wrote: »
    I have a small motivation group where we encourage each other daily and do weekly challenges If you would like to join message me and I'll send you an invite.

Can I be added as well?
  • BellaEmy
    BellaEmy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm 33 yrs old with a total of 75lbs to lose. I've lost 5 so far. Please feel free to add me as I'm looking for motivating friends as well. I'm very motivated this time. If you have a Fitbit, feel free to add me on there as well bellaemy@outlook.com
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Count me in! 35 with 50lbs to lose. Recently joined a gym & am looking for a good group on MFP to keep up motivation, inspiration & accountability.
  • Genette38
    Genette38 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I've added everyone who has replied so far x
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Im in if youre serious about committing. I have had serious ups and downs since starting in 2012 (managed to drop to 209 before rebounding in an ugly way) Im in this until I win and probably long after I hit maintenance as Ive proven to myself I can't survive without MFP calorie logging :)
  • nblandry
    nblandry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sheri2016 wrote: »

I'd love to be added too! I just turned 37 and am losing the baby weight! Thanks!!
  • nblandry
    nblandry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Siousix wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I think I've added everyone who has replied so far x

I'm connecting with you too! Thanks so much for this thread!