Weight Watchers?

2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I heard they consider fruits and veggies "free".... um those have calories so how can one lose weight w/out accounting for those calories.

By starting with a lower overall calorie goal. WW wants to encourage members to eat fruits & veggies, so they are "free" (but not really). They used to give points back for fiber consumption too......games.
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,814 Member
    I do both WW and this. I love MFP for tracking food as I have to pay attention to my carbs and sodium (and WW can't do that) but what helps me the most is the weekly weigh-ins and group support! My leader is great and sets up lots of walks for the group, so we get to know each other and connect face to face. I know each leader is different and I'm really lucky to have this one, but I think the face to face contact really helps me.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited April 2016
    Someone said they though it was 50 calories per point ... that's what I had figured out way back when, but it's not the same today.

I've done WW several times over the past 45 years and at one time had it figured out but then they changed how they assign points ... still ... the higher the fat, sugar, starch in the food, the more the points are for that food.

They are trying to condition you into making better food choices by skipping or reducing the amount of potato, pasta, rice, barley, bread, cookies, candy, ice cream, chips. pretzels, rolls, muffins, high fat meat you eat. You can eat a huge bowl of lettuce and cucumber or a whole pot of cabbage soup to fill up, but watch out for that artisan crusty bread you want to dip into flavored olive oil or spread butter over. And, you can eat a 4 ounce piece of skinless chicken breast, but have 2 thighs and you've just used up a huge chunk of your allotment.