3lbs in 1 week?

Options
So I've been exercising 3-4 days a week and trying to count calories as much as possible. Since my last weigh in which was March 28th I was 166.6 today I'm 163.6. Down 3 lbs in a week and 2 days. Is that good? Or to fast? I'm not complaining I'm happy but want to make sure it's at a good healthy rate. So far lost 5lbs!! And going!

Replies

• sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That's great! I am off to a fast start as well, but trying to be realistic as it won't come off this easy forever. There will be great, 3lbs loss weeks and probably weeks that you won't lose anything. We just have to remember it's a journey and to stick with it!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Normal to lose weight quickly at first.
    For me, it had to do with cutting back on high salt fast food and processed foods.
    Water weight.
    Just make sure you are taking it at least 1,000 calories a day including your exercise.
    Healthy First !
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you are new to counting calories and exercising it could be water weight. I wouldn't worry just yet. Great job on the 5lbs!!!
  • jakkrk
    jakkrk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I average about 2.8# per week based on 5 weeks. Sometimes its more, sometimes its less. Sounds like a good start to me. A good motivator.
  • raishiwi
    raishiwi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I lost 7lbs the first week, 3 is perfectly fine.
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ok great. And yes I eat around 1400- 1520 a day and try not to eat to much calories back that are burned
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    It's probably pretty normal. Expect your weight loss to slow down a little after. For me personally, I will sometimes lose large amounts all at once, and then my weight will stagnate for a while like my body is trying to catch up with what just happened. So I think you're doing fine, don't change anything, but don't be surprised if it slows down for a little while, or you don't lose for a couple weeks before losing another couple pounds at once again.